10 Interesting Facts About Wayne Van Rooyen (Stokkies). Wayne Van Rooyen
1. Wayne Van Rooyen, was raised in the Johannesburg suburb of Eldorado Park by loving parents and grandparents with positive family values.
2. After he watched Kat and the Kings (1997), an international award-winning musical by David Kramer and the late Taliep Petersen, he knew that his destiny was in the performing arts.
3. The award winning actor, studied drama at the University of the Witwatersrand and graduated in 2003 with a BA in Dramatic Art with Honours.
4. Since graduating, he has performed on stages both locally and internationally, and has appeared on several local television shows and appeared in the locally produced film, Jozi.
5. Some of his work in theatre includes, ‘Sophiatown,’ ‘The King of Laughter,’ ‘Victory,’ and ‘The Tempest’.
6. He was previously known for his role as Brandon “BB” Bonthuys on the SABC2 medical drama series Hillside, in 2008.
7. Wayne, also starred in the SABC2 variety comedy show Colour TV, in 2011; and had a starring role in the drama series Geraamtes in die Kas, in 2013.
8. Many have come to know him, for his recurring role as Vernon “Stokkies” Jacobs on e.tv soapie Scandal! since 2015.
9. His work doesn’t go unnoticed. Wayne won a Best Supporting Actor Naledi Award, thanks to his theatre work on The King of Laughter.
10. He is a loving husband and a devoted father of two kids.