The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Job Location: Durban
Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment. The role of the HRM is to manage and coordinates all aspects of the human resource function for more than 200 employees. Key performance areas include; development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, compliance with labour legislations, talent attrition and retention, reward management, staff induction, training and development, industrial relations, overseeing grievance and dispute procedures, giving advice and providing guidance to line management. The position will be based at AFSA’s satellite office in Durban and due to long hours, local applicants with flexible schedules will be preferable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of HR strategy to the organisation by ensuring that the HR delivery is in fully aligned to business goals in their area of business
- Benchmark and modernise remuneration and benefits
- Develop and utilises talent development processes and tools in order to provide and develop a diverse talent pipeline for the short term needs of AFSA
- Manage recruitment and selection of all vacancies
- Develop internal talent pipeline for succession planning through effective performance development plan (PDP) management
- Impact assess the equality and diversity impact of all HR policies
- Draft and monitor implementation of Employment Equity Plan
- Oversee and ensure BBBEE compliance
- Draft and monitor implantation of Workplace Skills Plan
- Ensure staff wellness and coordinate employee wellness programme
- Oversee SHEQ system implementation and adherence
- Support and guide on disciplinary matters
- Oversee new employee on boarding and induction
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Industrial or Organisational Psychology or Employee Relations
- 3-5 years relevant generalist HR Work experience, preferably in a Business Partner role
- Ability to plan and organise time effectively
- Experience at Con/Arb at CCMA
- Experience working with SETA and developing WSP
- Ability to work under pressure with diverse teams
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with completed application form downloadable from the website and copies of qualification certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “HR Manager” in the subject line via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5/05/2019.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 5 May, 2019
Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.