Aquity is a not-for-profit organization established in 2010. The overall mission of AQUITY is to improve the quality of health and social services in the Southern African region and ensure access to good quality care. Our activities cover, TB and TB/DM management, TB/HIV programmes, OVC programs, Quality Improvement, health systems strengthening, research and evaluations.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator
Job Location: Durban
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Research Nurse Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of the overall study activities and provide support to the onsite staff. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Mentor and support Research Assistants onsite
- Work as a team with M&E Officers and AQUITY management team.
- Provide guidance and supervision of research staff including
- Conduct training on study protocol and orientation to facilities
- Compile reports on implementation milestones, targets and progress of study activities
- Identify bottle necks and providing solutions to field staff
- Convene quarterly stakeholder meetings to inform district and facilities on progress of study
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Work closely with the Facility/District/Provincial Coordinators and other District Health Coordinators;
- Work closely with the Department of Health (DoH), facility personnel and other stakeholders e.g. laboratory services, pharmacies etc. to develop and implement strategies to strengthen TB, DR TB, HIV and NCDs program management;
- Work with DoH facility staff in scaling up successful interventions;
- Collaborate with NGOs/CBOs to facilitate continuity of care and improve linkage to care for TB/DR TB.
- Provide monthly and quarterly status reports to the Project Director;
- Provide activity-based reports a per the project guidelines to the Project Director.
- A Diploma or Bachelors’ degree in Health Sciences (nursing), or equivalent qualifications;
- 5 years’ experience in TB program management, TB case management, HIV/AIDS;
- Experience in training/coaching skills, team building;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Computer literacy;
- Driver’s license is a requirement and own car will be an added advantage
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 23 April, 2019