Organisation: Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: WISH Project Manager
Starting Salary: UGX 1,319,623 monthly gross
Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
About WISH2ACTION Project:
Now (WISH2ACTION) is a comprehensive and integrated approach to delivering family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). It prioritizes the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, displaced populations or those affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas). HI is an implementing partner in the WISH2ACTION project consortium and will be responsible for disability inclusion across six of the project’s 16 countries of implementation (Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Pakistan and Burundi). WISH2ACTION is a commercial contract from DFID that brings together six internationally recognized leading organizations: HI, Marie Stopes International, OPTIONS, IRC and DMI along with 11 IPPF Member Associations.
Job Summary: The WISH MEAL Manager MC² will lead in ensuring the quality of HI’s work by implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning processes throughout the project cycle across all HI WISH2ACTION countries. The main goal of the position is to promote a culture of MEAL that will inform HI’s programmes to better implement SRHR services and to report in line with the donor requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead the development and roll-out of a MEAL system adapted to each country context. The MEAL system should be informed by HI’s global Project Monitoring and Evaluation Policy and define the following fundamental components:
- Communication channels and tools/templates for exchanging data and indicators between all levels of the mission on regular basis;
- System for compiling, analysing and sharing data at all levels of the WISH2ACTION project;
- Standard quality assurance indicators and sources of verification;
- standard procedures for internal evaluations to ensure learning is captured within the mission;
- Accountability to beneficiaries mechanisms;
- Support the data collection process for needs assessment designed by technical teams;
- Donor Reporting for all levels of the mission including on Key Programme Indicators (KPI) included in the Payment By Result system signed with the donor;
- Knowledge management mechanisms.
- Build strong partnerships with HI operations and technical staff, partners, stakeholders and communities to ensure that the MEAL system is shared, understood and supported.
- Collaborate with program teams to ensure that MEAL becomes an integral component of program/project management.
- Lead the recruitment of MEAL staff, identification of MEAL external resources, and propose any relevant adjustments for the set-up of the MEAL structure.
- Supervise the MEAL unit following the Mission’s HR policy and standards (daily management, performance evaluation, leaves management, Individual Action Plan, etc.).
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to MEAL team members and be proactive regarding internal or external training opportunities.
- Establish good communication, coordination and information-sharing within the MEAL unit through regular team meetings.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to the MEAL units at coordination and field level.
Data Management and Reporting
- Ensure the confidentiality of personal data.
- Supervise the management of the beneficiary database at the coordination and field level.
- Provide technical support to HI partner teams to create and manage their own databases.
- Respond to new WISH project requirements, internally and externally, in relation to routine reporting.
- Support the use of the Washington group tool.
- Management of Global Disaggregated Data (DGA – Disability, Gender, Age) for all partners.
- Ensure that needed data are available on time for reporting and that reports are submitted on an ad hoc and quality basis.
Implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation plans & Provision of accurate quantitative and qualitative data
- Contribute to the definition of methodologies and tools for surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises for each sector including tools and processes for data collection and analysis, information sharing and coherent learning with the policies of the mission.
- Provide technical support during external evaluations.
- Provide technical support and advice to the operational teams for the preparation of activities and the implementation of the MEAL framework.
- Participate in quarterly project reviews by preparing and presenting qualitative and quantitative data analysis of the results of activities.
- Ensure the flexibility and adaptability of the monitoring process and tools to integrate adjustments to projects being implemented.
- Produce a quarterly fact sheet in close collaboration with the Regional Technical Manager and his team.
- Produce timely MEAL reports including narrative, statistics, data analysis and recommendations in accordance with the reporting schedule of the MEAL work plan.
- Contribute to other necessary reports at the request of the supervisor.
- Design accountability to beneficiaries system.
Institutional Learning and Knowledge Building
- Organize regular learning activities with operations, technical and support teams, partners and stakeholders to discuss lessons and identify recommendations for improving programming.
- Ensure that learning reports are systematically shared with headquarters, partners and stakeholders, as appropriate, identifying clear recommendations and action plans for follow-up.
- Ensure good communication and data transmission to the research unit within the team for the organization of transversal qualitative and quantitative studies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Handicap International (Humanity & Inclusion) MEAL Manager job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in information management, Humanitarian Assistance, Project Management, or related field. Degree or certificate in Public Health is preferred
- Extensive experience of implementing information management & MEAL systems for end users, and the technical knowledge in the development of such systems
- At least two years’ experience in managing and implementing MEAL systems in development and humanitarian contexts
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct, understandable manner.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to handle complex issues.
- Well organized and ability to plan work accordingly.
- Fundamental understanding of the project cycle management
- Computer skills: Very good knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook); proven experience in designing and operating tools using online data collection software’s i.e. ODK, Kobo Collect, and Survey CTO;
- Skills in other data software ( Le Sphinx, STATA, SPSS) is an asset
- Good management capacities and team leadership spirit, experience in remote management and contingency planning is an asset.
- French language is an Asset.
A minimum of five years of experience of leadership and management of relevant projects.
Cultural awareness and ability to work in a diverse environment
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Department at email@example.com with the subject: Application for Logistics Assistant – Supplies ARUA.
Deadline: 24th April 2019 by 5:00pm
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)