The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation which envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
Job Title: Research Intern
Job Location: Cape Town
The position will entail a part-time nine months’ contract.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Contribute to analytical reports and write fact sheets
- Participate in strategic thinking and planning regarding CSVR transitional justice, research and advocacy work
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Minimum of an Honours degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Law
- Research experience in an academic environment
- Knowledge on transitional justice, peacebuilding and human rights in South Africa and on the African continent
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Fluency in English and preferably in at least one African language
- Ability to work independently under pressure and take initiative
Submit one page letter of motivation, writing sample, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday, 15 April, 2019