The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was formed in 2007 to assist the vulnerable asylum seeker and refugee populations in Cape Town. Since then it has developed several successful community-based psycho-social interventions to assist the most marginalised, including survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and youth at risk.
Job Title: Social Auxiliary Worker
Job Location: Western Cape
Start date: 18 February 2019 or soonest thereafter
This is a fixed term contract
The purpose of the position is to provide a supportive role for the Social Worker and to ensure that vulnerable individuals and their families benefit from appropriate intervention and services.
- The Social Auxiliary Worker will be responsible for the screening and intake of new clients
- Facilitate the information sessions for new clients
- Recordkeeping and performing administrative tasks
- Perform ad-hoc functions and reception duties when required
- A recognised Social Auxiliary Work Certificate and proof of current registration with the South Africa Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) for 2018/2019
- Experience and ability to working in an inter-disciplinary team
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and administrative skills
- Maturity and comfortable working with refugees and asylum seekers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English
- A valid unendorsed South African driver’s license
Application Deadline: 9th Feb, 2019
If you have not received a response by 15 February, consider your application unsuccessful.