AFRICAN POLICING CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT FORUM (APCOF) is a Not-for-Profit Trust working on issues of police accountability and governance in Africa.
APCOF is looking to recruit a Project Officer to join its core specialised team based at its office in Cape Town. The suitable candidate will have at least 2 – 5 years’ experience, have developed skills in the criminal justice sector and, ideally, in programme communication and media. Specifically, APCOF is looking for someone who has experience in:
- The development and implementation of project plans to deliver on overall programme strategy and objectives.
- The preparation of project budgets and narrative reports, as well as expense forecasts.
- Research and writing skills.
- Communication skills.
- A degree in the criminal justice field, with
- 2- 5 years experience in relation to policing issues
- Experience in project implementation, management and fundraising
- Administrative skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience in research, with a proven publications record
- Experience in media and communication including both mainstream and social media
Applicants are required to send:
- Curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
- One single-authored publication
- Names and contact information of 3 referees
Send applications to: Helene van der Watt at email@example.com
The closing date for the applications is 31 January 2019.