- Company: Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in South Africa
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
Over the last few decades, South Africa’s Department of Health (DoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal and Neonatal Health services in South Africa. However, gaps still exist. Maternal and child mortality continues to be a significant contributor to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services, especially for women and adolescents. To address these challenges, CHAI South Africa’s (CHAI SA) team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening, service delivery expansion, quality improvement and strengthened program monitoring and evaluation, across both public and private sector channels, aimed at significantly increasing uptake of quality health services for women and adolescents. This is done through the provision of technical assistance to support the development and deployment of strategic and operational plans, resource optimization in the short and long term and galvanizing key stakeholder coordination.
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding technical and analytical capabilities to play a key role in either the Sexual and Reproductive Health and/or Maternal Neonatal Health programs in South Africa. The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Associate will input to a large and growing CHAI team and will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, from quantitative analysis to collaborating with stakeholders, including DoH at the national and provincial level and with other partners, to build workable and sustainable solutions to strengthen/improve healthcare systems. The M&E Associate will be expected to lead areas of engagement relating to strengthening the DoH’s program monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework, target setting and performance tracking capacity. The M&E Associate will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and report to the relevant Program Manager(s).
- Support NDoH in all aspects of program strategy and planning and implementation, especially as it relates to program monitoring and evaluation, ensuring CHAI’s ongoing alignment with the DoH strategic goals and priorities;
- Develop and lead M&E efforts with the aim to maintain and update comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information;
- Lead data collection tools managing databases, survey instruments and data collection protocols;
- Lead data management and analysis tools such as indicator dashboards to monitor and track ongoing work;
- Collaborate with partners, teams and DOH to establish baseline and ongoing measurements and conduct other formative research as necessary;
- Monitor progress towards targets and support program to modify/refine implementation as needed to achieve/exceed targets;
- Translate objectives provided by the government, donors, and other partner organizations into clear plans, targets and provide guidance to the CHAI team and DoH on prioritization of initiatives;
- Establish collaborative relationships with the DoH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders efforts and across other CHAI programs in South Africa to ensure coordination and successful execution of the program;
- Compile, synthesize and analyze data to inform the development of assessments, training materials, compelling presentations and reports and other program materials to ensure effective program execution;
- Partner with the Program Manager(s) to provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to the team;
- Support the Program Manager(s) on key deliverables and ad-hoc requirements, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Business or a related field;
- Minimum of four years professional experience in a private or public sector setting and with increasing levels of responsibility and experience;
- Experience designing and managing data collection activities
- Experience designing and managing program and monitoring evaluation plans
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with databases, MS Excel and PowerPoint;
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with a strong commitment to excellence, both internally and externally, and with limited structural support;Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to navigate complex governmental and organizational processes and favorably influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner;
- English language fluency, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel within South Africa as needed.
- Experience using statistical software, such as Stata, SAS, SPSS or R;
- Knowledge of sexual reproductive health, maternal and newborn health, health systems strengthening, and/or global healthcare systems;
- End to end project management experience;
- Management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience.
External Company URL: www.clintonhealthaccess.org/
How to Apply
Apply for this Job