- Company: AbbVie
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in South Africa
Market Access Manager
South Africa, Gauteng, Johannesburg
Reports to: Market Access Director, Johannesburg (South Africa)
Summary of Job Description:
Guide, coordinate, plan, and prioritize the broad area of market access capabilities to design and implement innovative market access solutions into the changing market environment while driving cross-functional teamwork placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage cross-functional task forces to elaborate key insights for new products (prior to Phase 3) and help better tailor clinical development to ensure optimized access and price.
- Ensure pricing and reimbursement at national and local level is aligned to and leverages other commercial strategies in order to meet or exceed affiliate plan.
- Work closely with other functions such as Medical and Government Affairs to build networks, understanding and close partnerships with key decision makers and leverage influence through joint programs of action in order to maximize AbbVie brands success.
- Ensure close collaboration with Area and Global and maintain awareness and understanding of the impact of local affiliate decisions on AbbVie’s global business and vice versa in order to ensure Area and Global strategies and tactics are aligned with those of the Affiliate to meet both, local and Area/Global needs to maximize momentum on delivering brand performance.
- Anticipate and influence Contracting and Tendering situations and develop strategies in order to deal with C&T challenges and maximize their opportunities for the business.
- Develop, lead and coach direct reports (if applicable)
- May, as member of the Affiliate Management Team in SBU/MBU affiliates (if applicable), role model AbbVie WWW behavior and enable the Brand Team matrix to work in order to achieve high quality strategy and execution capability in all allocated brands.
Further Clarification of Position:
- Access for current & pipeline portfolio
- Landscape shaping initiatives
- Pricing Strategies & Pricing
- Value proposition: Abbvie & Product
- Ex gratia initiatives and alternative reimbursement models
- Empowerment – internal and external stakeholders
- Case management/Patient Support Programme
- Funder engagement/negotiation
- Environmental understanding, analysis, insight generation & business intelligence & connecting the dots
- Create feedback loop & shaping the strategy
- Real Word Evidence data analysis
- Legislative framework solutions
External: National and Local Pricing and Reimbursement Bodies, HTA Bodies, Industry Associations, Global GEOR, Academic Associations Internal: Affiliate Directors and Management Teams, Brand Teams, Area Market Access and CommercialDirectors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience with proven track record of success in delivering commercial results and/or being responsible for product access to market.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare environment, including deep knowledge of payer and provider mechanisms, funding flows, and legislation affecting market access of pharmaceutical products.
- Good understanding of area healthcare systems to have an area-wide perspective for local affiliate decisions.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management and coaching of teams and individuals, and in having developed talent and performance managed low performers (if applicable).
- Ability to drive complex cross-functional collaboration to involve and to align Market Access strategy with other business strategies.
- English language proficiency verbally and in writing (for all non-English speaking countries)
- Relevant experience working within a payer and provider organization
- Relevant international health care environment experience.
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
How to Apply
<!– This site is converting visitors into subscribers and customers with OptinMonster – optinmonster.com –>
Apply for this Job