- Company: EY
- Location: Northern Cape, South Africa
- State: Northern Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in South Africa
User Experience Specialist (Contract)
Core Business Services
Requisition # SOU001D6
Post Date 2 days ago
Team: EY Catalyst Technology
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Job Rank: Contractor at Assistant Director level
Duration: 1 year at 30% capacity, 7 days a month
EY is looking to contract a user experience design specialist to provide services to our technology team.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Work with our product owners and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet these needs.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our product offering.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions in consultation with the business analyst and product owners.
- Prepare visual design assets for development hand-off and conduct style to ensure flawless execution of our UI standards.
- Be a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Extensive experience using UX design best practices, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Knowledge of agile practices, design thinking, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and design industry trends.
- Experience in iterative product design planning and development.
- Fluency with design tools, most notably Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and/or other UX and prototyping software.
Desired technical experience and qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- The work is largely self-supervised. The individual will work independently and collaborate virtually with peers and others in the broader EY Catalyst technology team.
Job Requirements: Education:
- Design or related qualification preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design process and showcases a variety of UX deliverables
- UX certification a plus.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job