- Company: Amazon
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in South Africa
Be a part of operating the worlds largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Datacenter Logistics Coordinator positions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Coordinator reviews datacenter inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in the all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Datacenter Operations Technicians and Datacenter Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations.
The ideal Logistics Coordinator will dive deep into data to understand everything about the datacenter asset lifecycle. Working with software development teams, they will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. They maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for internal and external suppliers and management as required.
Responsibilities can include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Coordinator will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company.
Logistics Coordinators are expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high quality, and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
· Degree or Diploma in Supply Chain Management related studies
· 2 – 3 years related experience
· Must be able to work overtime as required
· Able to read, speak and take direction in English
· Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
· May participate in group lifts of 50 pounds or more.
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Strong self-motivation and ability to adapt
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Strong understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory and warehousing practices.
How to Apply
<!– This site is converting visitors into subscribers and customers with OptinMonster – optinmonster.com –>
Apply for this Job