- Company: Amazon
- Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- State: Western Cape Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in South Africa
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will create and implement sourcing strategies for at least one complex services category and collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. Additionally, you will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends for your category. You will also create global Procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams.
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, and communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You must be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you must be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines; exhibit an intense curiosity and learning drive; succeed in a fast-paced environment; engage and influence key stakeholders; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. Also, you must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and driving them to completion to meet business objectives. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” mentality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a complex category within the Maintenance, Repair, and Operation (MRO) domains
- Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations
- Analyze category data and metrics to drive Procurement category strategies
- Understand trends in customers’ needs and concerns, across categories and regions, to influence customers’ priorities
- Lead supplier selection process across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies for management
- Ensure you are knowledgeable about the supply market and supplier capabilities, technically and geographically. Knowledge of the Swedish market is a distinct advantage.
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost
- Create supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance
- Lead business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships
- Innovate within the procurement space, automating and/or improving tools or processes to better support the Procurement Lifecycle
- Provide support throughout the contracting process, as well as management of contracts post-execution
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years’ experience in a Procurement organization performing vendor management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding
- Strong leader who can drive category strategies, develop pricing models, and has influence across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Some travel is required
- Masters degree in Business, Procurement & Supply chain or relevant business discipline.
- Ability to communicate and report on market intelligence data, including commodity trends and labor indexes
- Demonstrated success in driving strategies and analyzing market trends
- Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company
- Developing market intelligence to communicate across the organization
- Experience with creating Procurement systems and tools
- Proven ability to implement category strategies globally
- Proven ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Knowledge of BBBEE compliance and experience with Preferential Designated BEE suppliers.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job