- Company: CommScope Inc
- Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in South Africa
Provide technical pre- and/or post sales support to the sales teams, business partners, and end-users. Responsible for ensuring that account managers (AMs), consultants, and end-users are updated with the latest technical information, with special emphasis on key company solution differentiators. Provide technical support that facilitates the marketing and sales of CommScope products so that corporate goals for quality, growth, market share, and profitability are met. Supports sales and marketing efforts concerning the installation, connectorization, and general use of CommScope products. This role is based in Johannesburg and covers other locations across sub saharan Africa such as Nigeria and Kenya.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Contact/Style of Contact
- Provide technical support for pre- and/or post-sales and develop customer solutions.
Primary Job Focus
- Develop technical solutions and field support.
- Work with sales and marketing to provide pre- and/or post-sales application engineering support in order to provide additional value to customers. This will include traveling to customer facilities with sales personnel when additional technical expertise is required.
- Support and coordinate for CommScope equipment field trials with customers. This includes onsite support, installation supervision and results analysis.
- Supporting sales processes by providing relevant equipment part numbers and datasheets.
- Support the roll out of new products with external presentations focused on the technical differentiation aspects of the product and value proposition.
- Create, enhance, and deliver solutions presentations for end-user customers and consultants geared toward enhancing sales of CommScope’s product lines through discussions of current systems technologies. Contribute new material back to the larger technical community for broader use.
- Provide engineering support to regional/global customer base and inside/outside sales personnel by answering technical questions concerning equipment performance, applications, and electrical/mechanical characteristics. Act as liaison between regional/global customers and manufacturing/engineering by forwarding customer technical requests and coordinating communication and follow-up with customers on results of requests.
- Provide feedback to product engineering on current market trends and design features that will improve the marketability of CommScope’s product line. Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing for the design and development of new products with particular focus around application support.
- Review bid specifications with consultants, business partners, and end-users to position CommScope’s entire product portfolio with emphasis on higher value-added/technology solutions, and to alert AMs and Product Management if issues exist.
- Contribute product literature maintenance by identifying inconsistencies and errors. Support sales and marketing with appropriate media activities. This may include writing articles for publications, assisting with advertising or preparing technical documentation such as design guides.
- Attend meetings and report on industry standards activity when required.
- Influence over purchase decision: Indirect influence over purchase decision
Key Indicators of Performance Success AND Measurement of Individual Results:
- Relevance through revenue—-based on regions performance
- Expense management—-Manage expenses in their cost center
- Strategic product mix—Obtain regions goals for strategic products (i.e., ipatch, etc.)
- One CommScope—Promote One CommScope products and obtain region goals
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic selling
- Sales training—-Business partner support, Sales Director meetings, target customers
- Preferrable with Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or telecommunications engineering as well as 2 to 8 years related experience in an electrical engineering position within the telecommunications industry,
- Master’s degree is advatageous but not essential
- Experience within telecoms equipment vendors or mobile operators is advatantageous but not essential
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Mobile RF (Radio Frequency) planning or optimisation or operation experience or systems design or solutions architecting required
- The candidate must have detailed knowledge of relevant products and standards; good understanding of mobile cellular systems, with focus on RAN.
- Excellent written and oral skills, and must possess excellent presentation and hands-on demonstration skills suitable for both large and small audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results focused and be able to work in a dynamic environment in which they will often be called upon to communicate with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Must be able to motivate and encourage others.
- Availability for travel up to 50% of time.
Location: Woodmead, Johannesburg, South Africa
How to Apply
<!– This site is converting visitors into subscribers and customers with OptinMonster – optinmonster.com –>
Apply for this Job