- Tertiary qualification in English and/or journalism with a strong interest in the digital sphere, specifically social media
- Familiar with InDesign, WordPress CMS, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and the Mac operating system
• Applicants must be from Kwazulu-Natal;
• Applicants must be between 18-35 years of age;
• A signed affidavit from Commissioner of Oath as proof of unemployment, clearly indicating that you have not benefited from the Internship Programme before.
• Applicants must have successfully completed the 3 year Tertiary qualification in one of the fields listed below:
NB: PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Across six continents with different languages, diverse cultures and ever-evolving technology, the universal truth is we have a fundamental human need to connect with one another.
<!– Responsive –>
Want to be a part of a movement that inspires South Africans to turn possibilities into certainties, dreams into determination? Native VML is looking for a social media intern to join our Joburg team on a career-changing internship programme.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing social media posts, moderating different platforms, engaging with communities and influencers, creating reports and optimising content.
They will be part of an A-team of copywriters, designers and strategists living and breathing an integrated campaign for one of South Africa’s biggest brands
We are looking for someone who thinks in tweets, dreams in Instagram filters and makes Facebook friends with the platform’s ever-changing algorithms.
- Be the voice of a brand on social media
- Write posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Have strong grammar game
- Pay close attention to detail
- Understand media and targeting capabilities of the different social platforms
- Identify opportunities to create and optimise content
- Work closely with influencers to create and share content
- Meet tight deadlines and work well within a team
- Create tactical content with quick turnaround times
- Be comfortable using social media tools to post and measure content
- Work with Data and ORM teams to create reports
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Examples of work
- A willingness to take up a social copywriting challenge as part of the interview process
Send your cover letter and CV to Sibo Masombuka:
. Should you not receive a response from us within four weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
Monday, 12 June 2017
Tau Lekoa Gold Mining Company would like to award bursaries to top-performing needy students in their 1st , 2nd or 3rd year of studies in various disciplines.
Due to the nature of our business, priority will be given to students studying mining related core disciplines i.e. Mining Engineering, Engineering (Mechanical & Electrical – Heavy current), Extractive Metallurgy, Survey and Geology.
Applying for a Bursary:
To apply for a bursary for the 2017 academic year, please apply directly by email.
Contact Person: Mrs. Alet Schoeman,
Note that South African universities now require a prospective student to first apply for admission before he/she can register.
Tau Lekoa GM will only consider students who can proof that they possess provisional admission or already registered at the institution of their choice for their preferred field of study.
Closing date for 2017 Bursary applications are: 31st July 2017
- A valid South African Identity Document (SA Citizen)
- A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above
- Students already at Tertiary Institutions, should have obtained average of 60% and above in all major subjects. Current year results, should be attached.
- Brief Curriculum Vitae.
Preference will be given to applicants staying near or around Tau Lekoa Gold Mine / Klerksdorp (KOSH) area.
Successful students will be subjected to assessments and interviews.
Submission of applications must include a certified copy of your ID, a certified copy of your National Senior Certificate and statement of Symbols (showing results) and/or Tertiary results and a brief Curriculum Vitae.
NB: Incomplete Bursary applications and applicants who already have other sponsors will NOT be considered!
If you have not received any correspondence by the 13th of October 2017, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
Tuesday, 30 May 2017
The Harmony Bursary Scheme accommodates students entering or already at Tertiary Institutions. Bursary applications are now open.
BURSARY APPLICATION FORM : 2017
The following documents should accompany this application form:
- A certified copy of your personal identity document
- Certified proof of your results (if in grade 12, submit grade 11 December results and Grade 12 June results)
- Full details of your academic transcript if already at a tertiary Institution
- Your curriculum vitae/resume
The Objective Of The Harmony Bursary Scheme:
- Incomplete forms will be disregarded.
- Applicants who already have other sponsors will not be considered.
- Please ensure that you attach certified proof of your identity document and academic results. Do not send original documents. Current Matriculants must submit their Grade 11 final results (December results) and Grade 12 June results.
- Closing date for applications is 31st July 2017 and no late applications will be considered.
- Bursaries will only be awarded for the year following the one in which the application is received.
- Applicants applying for bursaries with less than an achievement level of 6 in Mathematics and Science will not be considered for Engineering. Mathematics Literacy will not be accepted for Core Disciplines.
- Please note that our bursary allocations are dependent on our companies’ future labour requirements, we do not always have bursaries for all disciplines. As the situation differs from year to year, we would advise you to re-apply the following year should you be regretted for this reason.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant must be attached to the top right-hand of the third page.
- Please fill in both your parent(s)/guardian(s) occupations so that we can evaluate your financial need level.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for admission to the institution of your choice and receive confirmation of acceptance before a bursary can be awarded. We recommend that you apply to at least more than one Tertiary Institution.
- If Harmony has not responded within 21 days after the closing date, consider your applications as unsuccessful.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
- Should you qualify for a preliminary interview, it will take place at our Randfontein Offices situated in the Gauteng Province or Welkom Offices in the Free State Province.
- Please supply ALL information requested or give good reasons why you cannot provide it.
Your application will be disregarded if you do not have university exemption with the minimum requirements as stipulated below:
- Maths Rating Level: 5 or 60%
- Maths for Engineering Studies Rating Level: 6 or 70%
- Science Rating Level: 5 or 60%
- Science for Engineering Studies Rating Level: 6 or 70%
- English Rating Level: 5 or 60%
Harmony Gold Mining Company Ltd wishes you well with your bursary application.
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2017 and no late applications will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Earlier this week we published an opinion piece titled “Crisis Point: Tertiary Education is Broken”, about some of the problems facing universities in South Africa.
Yesterday (25 April 2017), I received an email from Sinenhlanhla Manana, who shared their story. See it below:
I could write a story about the topic at hand, but to briefly share my experience, I to suffered from the issues mention such as financial strains, terrible health, unbearable workload, qualification I didn’t want, I too often feel lost in the world with no direction, I remember a lot times standing in nsfas queues while I was ill and being turned away. I also suffered a personal loss, I lost my twin brother through epilepsy while at university and since then I was lost. It often hard to cope with life’s challenges, I don’t even remember having a social life, because I was always taking care of my brother or trying to juggle my university studies. I could afford my textbooks, laptop or useful resource due to fincial strain. I hope what I’m writing helps inspire someone else to help a student on need. I feel its not enough done by universities to help student get ready for job place. Universities should have relations or prior commitment with companies about the courses they offer, for employment training. It took me a year to find an internship & and right I’m unemployed searching for job. Its frustrating how a student can spend years in an educational institute and still have no way of find work. So Connor I could say a lot but my heart is buried under frustration. I hope this message finds the right recipient.
R10000 – R14000 per month plus commission
Job Type: Permanent
Company Name: Kontak Recruitment
Company Location: Johannesburg Northern Suburbs
Application Closing Date: Thursday, March 31, 2016
• Grade 12
• Tertiary an advantage
• Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
• Sales of office automation
• Sales history
• Ability to sell ice to an Eskimo
• Direct selling experience
• Outgoing personality
• Must want to earn big commission
How to Apply?
Call us: 0114313542
Contact Person: Mel Muller
Fax Number: 0862460199
Remuneration: R14000 per month plus commission
Send CV to: email@example.com
A Tertiary Institution has a position available for a Campus Manager. They are opening two new campuses: one in Waterfall Estate in Midrand and one in Montana in Pretoria. ? Manage the daily operations of the campus.
? Manage the recruitment of students for full-time, part-time and short courses. ? Meet student requirement targets set by head office.
? Manage and coordinate all marketing activities at campus level. ? Recruit and manage campus staff.
? Manage the campus buildings to ensure professional appearance and that all health, safety and security standards are met. ? Represent the campus at relevant head office commercial and academic committees.
? Plan and manage all campus open days, information days and regulatory site visits. ? Implement programmes and activities developed by head office to achieve business requirements.
? Manage the financial affairs of the campus, including income, operational expenses and fixed asset budgets. ? Liaise with local government agencies to ensure the campus complies with all municipal regulations.
? Build relationships and develop networks with other educational institutions. Job requirements: ? A Master’s in Education or Business, or higher.
? Minimum of six years’ experience as a campus manager. Required skills and behaviours: ? Excellent communication and networking skills.
? Business-focused with a passion for academic excellence. ? Focus on customer service.
? Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills. ? Highly self-motivated.
? Excellent knowledge of the higher education environment. Interested applicants are to please email a letter of application that indicates your campus of interest, together with a CV of no more than three pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29 January 2016
Dis-Chem has an exciting opportunity for a Health Focus Internship. No prior experience required. Tertiary qualification within BSc Biotechnology/ Biomedicine or Food Technology or Tertiary qualification within the retail field essential.
- BSc Biotechnology /BSc Biomedicine or Food Technology qualification
- People orientated and consumer focus
- Reliable transport
- Interested in the Retail Environment
- Willing to work Retail hours (weekend included)
- South African Citizen
Successful applicants will be required to work in the Dis-Chem stores specifically in the functional foods, nutrition, vitamins and sports supplements department dealing with customer service and sales.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Trustworthy and honest.
- Self-starter, diligent and accurate.
- Attentive to detail.
- Be deadline orientated, and have good time management skills.
How To Apply
Location: Bryanston,Gauteng, South Africa
Closing Date: 22 January 2016
Requirements A relevant Tertiary qualification in Human Resources/Sciences .
A minimum of 2 years relevant human resources generalist experience within a corporate environment.
Knowledge and ability to apply human resources operational principles, processes, policies and procedures.
Knowledge of all applicable legislation and regulatory requirements related to the discipline.
Experience or knowledge of talent and succession management principles and processes will be an advantage.
A strong focus on delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
A basic competence in the utilisation and application of human resources, payroll and administrative systems.
Key Outputs Deliver professional human resources services and solutions in support of overall business and line management requirements.
Support the HR Manager by fulfilling the role of pro-active change agent for the business unit.
Provide support, guidance and advice to line management that will underpin business performance improvement and goal alignment.
Assist with the co-ordination and monitoring of the effectiveness of the HR processes being implemented.
Human Resources Office Administration and general administration tasks as required by the Department.
Recruiters may remove the post anytime NB: jobs that require an up-front payment are scams.
Your discretion is advised.