Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a team and independently. If good communication and interpersonal skills, along with thinking outside the box, set you apart, please apply.
This is a six-month internship.
- Selling advertising space
- Attending sales meetings with clients
- Striving to meet target every month
- Servicing existing client base and building new business relationships by means of face-to-face visits
- Prospecting and developing potential clients for the publication
- Attending product launches, exhibitions, and conferences where applicable
- Collaborating with the team to ensure that the publication meets a standard to be proud of
- Ensuring sales and material deadlines are met
- Handling the administrative aspects of the selling process of the publication
- Increasing and updating the database for subscriptions when necessary
- Tertiary qualification
- A recent graduate
- Relevant computer skills for a newsroom environment
- An ability to produce quality content under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
Please send your CV as well as a Cover Letter explaining your interest in financial reporting and why you would be an overall great fit for the position, to email protected on or before the close of business on 30 June 2018.
If you have not heard from us by 17 July 2018, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
In terms of its employment equity guidelines, New Media Publishing aims to provide equal opportunities. New Media Publishing reserves the right not to fill this position at this time should a suitable candidate not be found.