OUR MISSION IS:
• To deliver measurable quality training outcomes, governed by sound educational principles, evidencebased practice and adherence to legislation • To contribute to the development of skills relevant to healthcare service delivery nationally
To provide learners with the appropriate knowledge and skills needed to perform fundamental nursing care at a level that will qualify them for South African Nursing Council (SANC) registration.
FORMAT OF TUITION AND PROGRAMME CONTENT
Teaching is contact-based, using problem solving and self study in healthcare settings. Training is accompanied by professional personnel, in simulated and real-life settings. Teaching is in English and the curriculum is outcomes-based. FIRST YEAR • Ethos and Professional Practice • Basic Nursing Care • Elementary Nutrition • Anatomy and Physiology • First Aid • Comprehensive Nursing SECOND YEAR • Basic Sciences • General Nursing
• Grade 12 with admission to higher certificate or equivalent with an average of 50%
• Old senior certificate: D-aggregate (950 marks) • Mathematical literacy (min. 50%) or mathematics at NQF level 4 (min. 40%) • Any science subject at NQF level 4 (min. 40%) • English at NQF level 4 (min. 40%) • Payment of a non-refundable application fee • Recognition of prior learning based on criterion-referenced assessment for learners with healthcare-related experience, if applicable • South African citizenship
The following documents will be required as soon as the application system opens:
• Short CV • Certified copy of your grade 12 certificate or final grade 11 academic results • Certified copy of the first page of your ID book • Proof of non-refundable application fee paid • Proof of South African citizenship, if applicable Applicants will also undergo psychometric testing, an interview and health assessment. You may have to travel to the nearest approved learner centre for theoretical instructions. PROGRAMME
DURATION AND TIME TABLE
One year for the National Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing and two years for the Certificate: Enrolled Nurse.
Application date: 1 May – 31 Jul/1 Nov – 31 Jan
Commencement of programme: January/June
COURSE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Learners must have a combined average year mark of 50% to gain entrance to the annual SANC theoretical examination
• A theory examination mark of 50% is required to pass the annual summative SANC examination
Competency must be achieved in all formative and summative clinical assessments • Learners will need to fulfill all requirements to complete each study year and obtain the final qualification
• A supplementary theoretical and clinical examination will be granted
• Learners may maintain credit for theoretical/clinical portions of the programme passed if they have to repeat the year
• Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd Private Higher Education Institution will place learners for the clinical component of the programme
• All learners must work a 42-hour week, minimum, to qualify
• Learners may not work permanent night duty during the programme
• Twenty-eight shifts (of six hours) leave per year will be granted during the programme (according to the rotation schedule) • Twelve days sick leave will be granted per year
• If all practical requirements cannot be met in the learner’s work setting, he or she will be placed in another facility by the facilitator, in collaboration with the nursing manager
• Clinical accompaniment is provided by the educator/facilitator, trained mentors and registered nurses
THE LEARNER MUST PROVIDE:
• Evidence of clinical competence
• A completed portfolio of evidence
FEES AND FUNDING
Successful applicants will be employed by Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd, which funds the programme and prescribed books for its employees. Learners are responsible for the cost of any recommended books. Other institutions requesting training for their employees will be invoiced prior to programme commencement.
Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd Private Higher Education Institution graduates will sign a contract to work back double the length of the programme completed. If a learner does not complete the programme successfully, he or she will be liable for programme and administration costs.
Click here to download a full pdf document from Medi-click
CODE OF CONDUCT
All learners are subject to Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd grievance procedures and the disciplinary code that governs workplace conduct.
SUPPORT FACILITIES • Library • Computer room • Simulation room
ACADEMIC SUPPORT • Assistance with study methods • Professional counselling, where required, via INCON clinics held at the hospitals
*Registered Nurse with education and administration qualification
NAME QUALIFICATION FULL TIME REGISTERED NURSE NURSING EDUCATON NAICKER, T P in progress P NEL, S P P P OLIVIER, J P P P PIETERSE, A P P P POWELL, E P P P RAJKUMAR, E P in progress P RAPUDI, M P P P ROETS, T P in progress P ROOS, E P P P SMIT, M P P P STRAUSS, J P P P STRYDOM, J P P P VD LINGEN, K P P P VD MERWE, C P P P VAN GRAAN, W P P VAN HEERDEN, W P P P VAN WYK, S P P P VAN ZYL, A P P P VERMEULEN, T P P P WANLISS, J P P P WILLIAMS, MA P P P ZIADY, L P P P Please click the ‘back’ button on your browser to return to the website.
MEDICLINIC (PTY) LTD PRIVATE HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION HEAD OFFICE:
STRAND ROAD, STELLENBOSCH, 7600
MEDICLINIC OFFICES PO BOX 456, STELLENBOSCH, 7599 T +27 21 809 6500 F +27 21 809 6756 www.mediclinic.co.za Directors: WH Aucamp, AJ Joubert, NS Matlala, KHS Pretorius, B Valodia. Mediclinic (Pty) Ltd is a registered company operating in the private health industry. Company registration number 1969/009218/07. The programmes National Certificate: Auxiliary Nursing and Certificate: Enrolled Nursing are accredited by the South African Nursing Council (SANC). These programmes will be replaced by new qualifications aligned to the new Higher Education Qualifications Framework.
SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
TO GET MORE VACANCY LIKE THIS FOR FREEEE , ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADRESS BELOW