- Tertiary qualification in English and/or journalism with a strong interest in the digital sphere, specifically social media
- Familiar with InDesign, WordPress CMS, trending social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and the Mac operating system
This internship is a 12-month intensive development programme. It allows you to gain valuable working experience and theoretical training while earning a salary.
Graduate Developers are to be based either at the Britehouse Digital Head Office in Bryanston or at a customer site
- A supporting structure of Mentors will guide our Interns through their training by providing help for challenges at work or simply being around for a friendly chat.
- The Graduate Developer will work in a professional and comfortable work environment where the core focus is on learning, growth, knowledge sharing, teamwork, and collaboration.
- The Graduate Developer will be exposed to all major Microsoft, Mobile & Analytical technologies and excellent training opportunities both internally and externally.
- This exposure also occurs through the different engagement models being project-based development, placements, outsourced teams and support and enhancement engagements.
- Upon completion of the programme, successful Interns may have the opportunity of permanent employment within the company based upon their performance during the course of the Internship.
- The Graduate Developer must also be willing to do business travel to customer sites as per business requirements.
- Successful applicants will complete a 2 hour written technical assessment and those that pass will be invited to attend an interview. Thereafter the final selection will be completed and offers sent out soon afterward.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Customer Relations
- Documentation skills, i.e. the standard and quality of documents
- C#, .NET Framework and SQL Server
- The ability to solve problems
- Billable hours
- Microsoft Exams
- 360 review
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Matric Qualification and a completed IT related Degree / National Diploma / Certificate from a recognized South African Institute with an above-average academic record.
- A CV, Matric certificate, tertiary transcripts and IT certifications will be requested once shortlisted for the role.
- Applicants must not have participated in previous learnership, graduate or internship programmes.
- Applicants must not have previously had permanent employment within a software development environment.
- Previous work experience such as vacation work is welcomed but not required.
- Preference will be given to disabled applicants.
- Applications must be completed via the website
- CV’s will be screened & shortlisted.
- Applicants will be asked to complete an online assessment if passed, they will be asked for a telephonic interview with HR and then invited to attend an interview with one of our Development Managers.
- Offer for 2017 Internship
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Planning and organizing
- Must be individually driven and motivated
- Must be reliable and responsible
- Must be enthusiastic
POTENTIAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Britehouse Digital is always open to dynamic, energetic people with open-minded attitudes and a positive work ethic.
We offer opportunities to learn, develop and advance across the spectrum of our services and solutions.
Britehouse Digital developers have opportunities during the course of their employment to either be based at head office or to work at customer sites depending on the requirements at the time as well as to get exposure to a broad range of technologies and industries.
ninety9cents – Freelance UX Designer Job in Cape Town April 2018
Ninety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency located in Cape Town, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and managing director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA, Spur Group, Capitec and Distell, to name but a few.
We are looking for a seasoned user experience designer to join our studio that has a special focus on interaction and visual design. A person in this position creates compelling, user-first, original designs ranging from digital platforms to chatbots to design systems. They are able to translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
Key Focus Areas:
- Collaboration: Work with a diverse and award-winning group of designers, strategists, software engineers, account directors and managers in creating the next generation of digital products
- User-centred design: You understand and can articulate a human-centred approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration
- Design thinking: You can logically visualise complex systems, information architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces to produce creative solutions
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information design, graphic design, or equivalent qualification
- At least three years’ experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator, and rapid prototyping tools like Sketch
- Research skills that aid in understanding consumers and markets and inform design decisions
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
If you have not received a response to your application within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Applications from EE candidates will be considered with preference in compliance with the EE Act.
SweepSouth is a rapidly scaling startup providing an online platform for ordering and paying for home cleaning services. We connect people with experienced, reliable, efficient and insured cleaners in minutes.
<!– Responsive –>
SweepSouth is in search of a new full time team member to join our marketing team This position will be available immediately. The successful candidate will need to be based in Cape Town.
We currently operate in most areas of Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Centurion and Pretoria and we’re rapidly expanding into new areas.
We’re looking for a talented Marketing Intern to join our growing SweepSouth marketing team.
About the job
- Assistance in execution of the digital marketing plan
- Supporting marketing team in daily tasks and special projects
- Collecting data from marketing campaigns
- Assistance in preparation of presentations
Who we are looking for
- Familiar with digital media strategies and ecommerce; looking for a career in digital marketing
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to take directions and learn quickly
- High attention to details
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong academic records
<!– Responsive –>
Location: Cape Town
Traffic Brand is an established boutique digital agency specializing in running high profile campaigns for a wide range of clients.
Traffic Brand is offering a three-month internship for a self-motivated individual with a passion for all things digital who are looking to find their career in the field of digital marketing.
We are a successful, medium-sized digital marketing agency. We specialize in managing high-performance pay-per-click search and display online advertising campaigns. We are chilled perfectionists – relaxed, but focused on delivering the best possible service to our clients and always making sure we are on top of all new industry trends and opportunities.
You should be a quick learner and hard-working team player to be able to keep pace with the fast evolving digital marketing industry and add your skills and personality to a passionate, well-rehearsed team.
We work with a variety of advertising systems but focus on Google and Facebook. You will gain in-depth knowledge and valuable hands-on experience of Google AdWords and Facebook in a digital agency environment.
If you were to be successful, you would assist one of our senior campaign managers in the day-to-day running and optimize the account of a large client. This will involve for example keyword and data analysis, ad copywriting, and other account optimization tasks. You will also learn to plan, structure and create new advertising campaigns.
Please include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position – Your CV will not be considered without a cover letter. If you have not heard from us in two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Internet savvy
- Google AdWords Certified
- Google Analytics Certified
- Experience with Facebook Business Manager
- Passion for online media
- Hard working
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
If you do not hear from us 7 days after the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are one of South Africa’s leading full-service digital agencies, delivering best-in-class strategy, creative, and technology, as well as the South African office of the international digital agency Digitas Lbi.
We work with some of the country’s leading brands including Unilever, Distell, Pioneer Foods, Sanlam. We are experts in the full range of digital disciplines including the web, mobile, social, CRM and SEO/SEM.
The agency is young, dynamic and growing rapidly and we are constantly looking for great digital professionals who really want to make a major impact on the digital landscape.
We are seeking a project management intern to work alongside our web producers
Position summary: You will be will be assisting and learning from our web producers who are responsible for the daily resourcing and implementation of SCRUM for various client projects that include website CMS builds, mobile application development, microsite campaigns and more.
Finally, interns have the opportunity to drive and innovate on internal Liquorice social culture, planning weekly social events for the whole agency.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Three x check-ins with resources daily
- Getting actual hours from resources on jobs
- Making sure resources are logging time on chase
- Making sure resources are updating tickets with status by COB
- Sending each Accounts team daily lists of what they have in the system for the day
- Undertaking administrative tasks (filing, emails, document storage, research)
- Costing briefs
- Purchase Orders
- Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills (essential)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- A complete understanding of the digital process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Military-like organisational and time management skills
- Multitasking skills and the ability to very comfortably juggle multiple projects
- Ability to recommend and define processes to continuously improve the business
- Ability to understand a client’s business and project requirements
- A team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities
- A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast!
- Degree/diploma in project management
If you are interested in applying for this great opportunity, please send your CV to
using the reference, Project Management Intern. Please do not send any additional documentation.
Please note we reserve the right to freeze or not hire in the role.
Should you not receive a response from us within three weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
CDC is a development agency enabling sustainable socio-economic development in South Africa, through investment, infrastructure development, SMME development, mentorship, and facilitating skills transfer.
<!– Responsive –>
ABOUT OUR NAME
Coega is pronounced ’koo-gha’ with a guttural sound forming the last syllable. Coega would have originally come from the Nguni word Khoekhoen which means ’ground water’. Nguni is a language group to which Xhosa belongs.
The Xhosa word for Coega is Ngqura, and this is the name used for the adjacent Port of Ngqura, a deep water port which adds to business investment opportunities offered by the Coega industrial development zone.
To pronounce Ngqura correctly, requires an ability to sound the click as used in the Xhosa language. To successfully achieve this, will likely require of you to travel to this most spectacular part of South Africa, where you are welcome to ask one of the many friendly Xhosa people to instruct you.
Of course, there are so many other reasons to visit Coega as well, which will become more and more apparent as you travel through other parts of this website.
We currently have a Digital Marketing internship.
1. Grade 12
2. ND Digital Marketing / Any Other IT related qualification
3. Computer literacy
4. Must not be older than 35 years age
5. Port Elizabeth permanent residence
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
2. Develop, coordinate and execute digital marketing campaign
3. Good communications skills
4. The ability to think objectively
5. Experienced with html, WordPress and Photoshop Adobe pack would be beneficial.
6. Manage Social Media site, including CDC website portal and other digital platforms.
<!– Responsive –>
Location: Port Elizabeth
Closing date: 16 February 2018
If you meet the above requirements, please send the CV, academic record and ID copy to the email@example.com.
- No criminal record
- No previous work experience relating directly to qualification
- Be available for a 12 month FTC contract
- Able to commence in April 2018
- A Flexible Team Player
- Willing to Learn
Application to include:
Updated CV with contactable references (with telephone numbers), certified copies of:
- Matric Certificate,
- Tertiary Diploma / Degree,
- ID & Academic Records
Note: final academic records must be forwarded should you be shortlisted from initial application
- Matric (NQF 4) with a Criminology / Forensic Auditing / Law Degree or Diploma
- Matric (NQF 4) with a Finance Degree or Diploma
Information Technology Graduate
- Matric (NQF 4) with an IT Degree or Diploma
Health & Safety Graduate
- Matric (NQF 4) with a Health & Safety Degree or Diploma (excludes condensed short courses)
Digital Marketing Graduate
- Matric (NQF 4) with a Digital Marketing Degree or Diploma
- Matric (NQF 4) with a Marketing Degree or Diploma
Closing Date: 31 January 2018
Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or to people that are excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in nearly 70 countries.
<!– Responsive –>
MSF Southern Africa is located in Johannesburg with an office in Cape Town. MSF SA is governed by the MSF Southern Africa Association, which is made up of more than 300 members from seven countries in the region. MSF SA has the following organisational responsibilities:
- Recruit medical and support staff to work internationally in MSF projects
- Provide strategic medical and technical support and training to MSF projects (especially those focusing on HIV/AIDS and TB)
- Communicate to the public, collaborate with humanitarian, health, activist and academic organisations and institutions
- Advocate on specific health issues
- Raise funds to maintain MSF’s medical humanitarian work.
Background: The Digital Team
The MSF SA Digital Team plans, executes and actively manages online content, digital campaigns, social media and fundraising initiatives. The team is currently made up of seven (7) individuals- four (4) from the Communications Department, two (2) from the Fundraising Department and one (1) from Field Human Resources Department.
We make data-driven decisions about which messages to share and where/when to share them. We are always looking for new ways to engage with the audiences online and inspire them to act. We actively monitor and constantly vary our digital activities to best connect with our audiences.
Our objectives are to raise awareness about MSF and its activities, inspire South Africans to donate and assist with the recruitment of medical and support staff to work internationally in MSF projects.
The Online Communication Intern at MSF Southern Africa will be instrumental in helping the organisation raise awareness and improve engagement using MSF SA’s online channels. The intern will also be expected to contribute towards MSF’s objective of becoming increasingly digital.
The role will play an important role in the growth of social engagement and identifying new areas of growth. The role will also play a part in the development and deployment of innovative social media strategies and initiatives.
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and keeping the website and social media sites current and ensuring they complement each other. Build relationships with users by creating and sharing content with them, as well as engaging with them on social media.
- Maintain and update www.msf.org.za content sourced from the MSF communication network as well as specific content which is produced locally for a defined purpose.
- Post MSF’s content on identified external websites.
- Work with the Social Media Officer in designing, creating and managing promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Monitor and respond to social media trends observed in a proactive fashion.
- Measure and report social media activities.
- Respond and proactively engage with users of social media.
- Track and grow social media engagement rates.
- Support other communications related activities when required.
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Experience in managing social media accounts and interest in developing online communication & marketing tactics.
- A strong interest in humanitarian issues.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Proficiency in English, written and orally
- Experience balancing short-term and long-term responsibilities and working quickly when necessary, and working in high-pressure and/or breaking-news situations
- A desire to work collaboratively on projects and teach others what you know
Remuneration and resources
- Resources needed such as working space, computer, internet, stationery and other resources will be made available
- The intern will be contracted as an intern and will receive an hourly stipend.
- Length of commitment: 12 months
- Estimated total hours: 40 hours/week (five days/week)
- 12 month internship
- Based in Johannesburg
- Monthly stipend paid
- Proof of valid RSA ID needed
- Starting date: 1 March 2018
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications.
24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly.
Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Fin24 requires an intern at its Johannesburg Bureau with solid content producing skills, displaying a passion for business news and the digital media. He/she will be responsible for producing and editing content for the Fin24 website, as well as help research stories for the site.
– A relevant tertiary qualification is a requirement; journalism or economics will be an advantage.
– The ability to communicate well is a necessity.
– Must have a sound understanding and knowledge of the digital medium and an understanding of how to deliver online content in the SA environment.
Skills & Competencies
– Must have a keen interest in and a good knowledge of current affairs, business and economic news
– Must have a passion for online media.
– Must have some understanding of company results and relevant economic data.
– Must have good language, writing and editing skills
– Must be versatile, flexible and adaptable to change
Must be able to perform under pressure, with short turn-around times
– Must have a nose for news and eye for spotting unique stories
– Must have a passion for learning new skills in a busy environment and working unusual hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Help write original content relevant to Fin24.com’s audience.
– Drawing up a schedule of company results, and writing on the results if needed.
– Liaising with users and building a vibrant online community.
– Writing up and following up on press releases.
– Takes responsibility for quality of content and general appearance of the site.
– Help identify and drive user-generated content
– Assist editor with new story ideas and respond creatively to breaking news.
– Assist in the management of the website, including maintenance and site improvements.
– Help build Fin24.com’s multimedia strategy.
Closing Date: 21 January 2018
In terms of our employment equity policy, preference will be given to candidates from designated groups, including people with disabilities.