Streetlight Schools is a low-cost, innovative primary school opening in January 2016. Our unique approach focuses on enquiry, collaboration, exploration, relevance and the use of technology to teach and learn to address the achievement shortfall in primary education in South Africa. Streetlight Schools will have a team consisting of one School […]
This 18-month graduate leadership programme provides structured development opportunities focusing on self-development (leadership competencies) while at the same time it also gives you the opportunity to earn valuable technical experience across multiple fields. Closing Date: 15 July 2018 Location: Cape Town, Johannesburg Apply for this graduate opportunity and you will […]
FITTER AND TURNER x2, BOILERMAKER x2, MILLWRIGHT x1, ELECTRICIAN x1 Requirements The incumbent will be trained or exposed among others in the following: Day to day running activities In the Mineral Processing sites. Safety aspects in different sites. Takes part in the Internal and External training. Give Suggestions and ideas […]
Location: Sandton Role Summary / Purpose: CEF’s Internship Program is designed to give university/college students challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership. The duration of our internship program is 24 months and combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback & coaching to help participants transition into the […]
At GE, we keep our legacy in motion by living our core beliefs. We act. We learn. We get better. We are never satisfied with being satisfied and we constantly insist on being more tomorrow than we are today. Some companies are retreating – we are moving our culture and our opportunities forward to embrace the digital industrial future.
- Receive and transfer telephone calls
- Responsible for manual and computerized filling
- General filing and maintenance of the filling system
- Capture data
- Typing emails, booking of courier and maintenance of courier records
- Distribution of office stationery
- Book and schedule meeting rooms
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
Applications from people living with disabilities are preferable.
- Good communication skills
- Team player and able to work with and through others
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels and suggest appropriate solutions and processes
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according to with all local laws protecting different status.
The Sports Science Institute of South Africa, based in Newlands, Cape Town, is offering Biokinetics Intern positions at our Wellness & Fitness Centre for 2019.
As Sports Science Interns, you will have exposure to all the modalities of Biokinetics offered within one center.
The Institute has developed an exceptional internship structure which allows interns to apply themselves to any of the services offered within the Biokinetics scope of practice.
At the Sports Science Institute of South Africa (SSISA) we are committed to creating a workplace which provides an opportunity for all employees and potential employees to fully optimize their potential.
We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our SSISA family and would like to invite you to apply for vacancies listed on this site that match your skills, qualifications, and ambitions.
The divisions in which Sports Science Interns can gain experience include:
- General Wellness
- Weight Loss
- Special Populations
- Chronic Disease
- Orthopedic and Neurological conditions
- Old Mutual Corporate Gym (Pinelands)
- Sports Performance Centre
- Community Outreach
BA/BSc Honours in Biokinetics
Please e-mail all applications to email protected. Specify the position you are applying for and include a clear covering letter along with a brief CV and details of any qualifications.
Closing date for applications is 13 July 2018.
Interviews will be conducted in Cape Town on Friday 17, Saturday 18 and Monday 20 August 2018 and Johannesburg from Monday 06 to Wednesday 08 August 2018.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. Should you not hear from us within 10 working days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Now Media seeks a conscientious intern with a great attitude – someone who has completed their studies in a journalism-related field (publishing, communications, English, etc.) or someone who is currently studying within this field but needs work experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining valuable experience working in a fun, dynamic, high-pressure newsroom environment with a team of specialist journalists and editors.
Tasks will center primarily around administrative and research activities, but there will be a requirement to assist with some writing. Attending functions will also be a requirement.
Now Media is offering a month-to-month contract 6-month contract. This contract will be reviewed each month.
Now Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries.
- Diploma or degree (original certificate required)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Valid passport
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Own car
- A go-getter who takes the initiative
- Easy-going by nature but takes the job seriously
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Eager to learn
- Please send your CV to Careers Malherbe at email protected. If you have not heard from us please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line when applying.
Only South African citizens and permanent residents may apply.
We are looking for creative and passionate graduates who wish to forge a career in IT with like-minded professionals.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in software development, architecture and analysis then we want to hear from you!
We offer a fast-paced, highly technical, innovative work environment. A high level of software expertise and an environment of continuous learning, and the chance to see how the systems you develop have a real human impact and improve the lives and businesses of our customers and users
Relevant 3-year degree or better
How To Apply
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
We seek an Intern to support teachers and learner learners in a way that creates a strong culture combining a love of learning and rigor.
About Our Organisation
Our parent organization, Streetlight Schools, is a non-profit whose vision is to provide the neediest children the most innovative, effective and transformative teachers and schools to help them unlock their full potential. Streetlight Schools realizes this vision by launching schools in inner-city communities in Johannesburg, including its first school, Streetlight: Jeppestown.
Reports To: School Leader.
Position Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the teaching teams in 1. classroom activities; 2. preparing learning and teaching resources
- Take on break duties according to the school’s need, ensuring a safe and positive environment for the children during breaks and that students have access to engaging play activities.
- take on extracurricular, aftercare and play-based activities.
- adapt and practice the responsive classroom principles with the students.
- take initiative and contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment among staff.
Studying towards a Teaching degree. Preferably in 2nd or 3rd-year tertiary
No experience will learn on the job
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the school
- Must be able to show initiative and be proactive
- Willingness to adhere to the school’s values, culture, and pedagogical approaches.
- Prove excellent skills and ability to take care of and socialize with the students as well as the school staff.
- Appropriate training in the use of ICT packages.
- Ability to prioritize and manage issues and work tasks, excellent organization skills, ability to meet deadlines
- The desire to work in low-income communities in an urbanizing environment, ability to relate well to children and adults and promote the school in the wider community
- Ability to work constructively as part of the team of Streetlight Schools, willing to engage in building an innovative and effective learning environment for children
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South Africa Language
- Strong Leader
- Nurturing, kind and caring
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work beyond official working times when required
Values: Love, Respect, Professionalism, Innovation, Dedication
How To Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address below. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Closing date: Monday 28 May 2018.
Jeppe Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Joining IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) you’ll work on real projects, with real clients and real bottom-line deliverables. Join us and you’ll collaborate with insightful professionals in an environment that cultivates creativity and individuality, rewarding diverse thinking and bold ideas.
And not just anyone. We are looking for exceptional people. Like you.
The initiative of our 1 year program in GTS is to identify tomorrow’s technical leaders. Interested?
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) offers end-to-end IT consulting and business services supported by an unparalleled global delivery network. At GTS, we provide our clients with innovative technology solutions that help them to improve their business processes and in turn, profitability.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Graduate with minimum 3.3 GPA
- studying IT, Computer Science, Technology, Information Systems or Commerce?
- fluent in English (spoken & written)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Required to learn sales methodologies & processes for a sales cycle.
- Assist the sales team with mandatories both commercial and enterprise team.
- Request pricing approval and help with the approval process.
- Open Engage Support and load all mandatories, SoWs, Price Files and Delivery approvals for Bid managers to review and ensure process is followed.
- Communicate with Bid Managers regarding release of Opportunities loaded on engage Support.
- Loading of Signed contracts on Engage Support
- Pricing for the simple OEM opportunities.
- Dealing with clients and supporting the sales team on certain sales play.