We seek an Intern to support teachers and learner learners in a way that creates a strong culture combining a love of learning and rigor. About Our Organisation Streetlight: Jeppestown is a primary school located in Johannesburg’s central business district. Launched in 2016, it currently serves 185 students Grades R-3, […]
With the objective of having a diverse cultural mix of employees, Vedanta hires interns from around the globe. Our talent engagement process is founded on our belief that every individual joining us has the primary ‘right to grow’. And we believe it is our responsibility to provide our employees with […]
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
Stipend: R100 000 pa
RISK MANAGEMENT GRAD / INTERN x2Duration: 24 Months
Diploma in Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management or equivalent.
• Gain training exposure in risk management • Assist in the implementation of Risk Management Strategy and Fraud Prevention Strategy
• Provide risk management support • Assist in facilitation of risk assessments and conducting of ERM awareness workshops • Assist in
compilation of quarterly risk management reports and updating of risk register • Report to Risk Officer and perform any other reasonable
duties as assigned.
INTERNAL AUDIT GRAD / INTERN x2Duration: 24 MonthsRequirements
Diploma in Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management or equivalent.
• Assist in the implementation of Risk Management Strategy and provide Risk Management Support • Assist in the facilitation of risk
assessments • Assist in the coordination of Internal Audit and Auditor-General queries, audits, a variety of accounting, financial and
operational records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles • Verify reports against
source records to determine reliability • Use computer programs in the evaluation of data • Prepare work papers • Use a computer program in the
evaluation of data Performs other duties as assigned.
INSTITUTIONAL PERFORMANCE, MONITORING AND EVALUATION GRAD /
Duration: 12 MonthsRequirements
• Degree / diploma in Public Administration or Human Resource Management • Computer literacy • Should not have been an intern anywhere
• Gain training exposure in performance management • Assist to collate and consolidate information pertaining to the performance of the
departments within the Municipality • Arrange meetings for quarterly reviews of the departmental performance and the individual assessments
for senior managers • Prepare memos for submission of reports to the stakeholders • Participate in research projects to make sure that the
Municipality remains abreast of National and Provincial guidelines or frameworks • Manage the performance database.
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT GRAD / INTERN (5 POSTS)Duration: 24 MonthsRequirements
• University / Technikon graduate majoring in Accounting and Auditing or Tax or Economics • Should not have been an intern anywhere else.
• Gain training exposure in the Expenditure section, Budget section, Revenue Management section, Supply Chain Management and internal section
• Ensure compliance with the Municipal Finance Management Act • Act as compliance officers for the Municipality • Ensure accurate and timeous
submissions of relevant Treasury returns and required documents • Ensure compliance on National Treasury Budget reforms • Use their theory and
content in improving the financial management systems of the Municipality.
How To Apply
Interested individuals are kindly requested to apply in writing to The Municipal Manager, Lepelle-Nkumpi Local Municipality, Private Bag X07,
Chuenespoort 0745. Applications must be in the form of a covering letter stating the discipline in which the applicant is applying for, an updated Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications. All inquiries must be directed to Ms MV Muparutsa, tel. (015) 633-4533 and Mr. CR Mphahlele, tel. (015) 633-4522.
NB: If you do not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful and correspondence will be entered into with short-listed candidates only.
Faxed and e-mail applications are not acceptable. Lepelle-Nkumpi is an equal opportunity employer.
People from the designated group are urged to apply.
Our product coordinators are expected to effectively communicate with suppliers, as this is a key aspect of the internship. This role requires someone who has a strong work ethic, a keen eye for detail, an obsession with accuracy and a friendly demeanor.
If you’re someone who is independent and has the ability to zone in on your work, this position might be the perfect opportunity for you. Below are some of the stimulating tasks and projects our interns will be involved in:
Internal travel coordination: organizing African travel for our Rhino Crash of over 200!
Administrative preparation for the production department: maintaining reporting and documentation for an industry leader, managing contracted relationships with more than 1500 African travel partners
Coordinating supplier events at Rhino HQ: connecting the best in the biz with the best in the biz!
We’re looking for a recent graduate who is able to communicate effectively, assist with day-to-day planning, with a flair for organization and administration, who will prove a valuable asset to the Product department.
Enjoy amazing views while carrying out your craft in our gorgeous offices in Cape Town, nestled beneath one of the seven wonders of the world – Table Mountain.
We offer our interns a stipend of R5,000 per month and a monthly R250 voucher to use at the Rhino Cafe, on subsided meals, delicious coffees and sweet treats made by our in-house chefs and baristas
To ensure that your first day is a memorable one, we provide you with a “tracker” and mentor to guide you through the Rhino jungle, introduce you to your fellow Rhinos and our unique family culture.
You’ll be taught by experienced specialists in the field of travel and tech; gaining industry experience and the chance to work and forge relationships with some of Rhino Africa’s 2000 unique suppliers – what better place to start a career in tourism?
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a team and independently. If good communication and interpersonal skills, along with thinking outside the box, set you apart, please apply.
This is a six-month internship.
- Selling advertising space
- Attending sales meetings with clients
- Striving to meet target every month
- Servicing existing client base and building new business relationships by means of face-to-face visits
- Prospecting and developing potential clients for the publication
- Attending product launches, exhibitions, and conferences where applicable
- Collaborating with the team to ensure that the publication meets a standard to be proud of
- Ensuring sales and material deadlines are met
- Handling the administrative aspects of the selling process of the publication
- Increasing and updating the database for subscriptions when necessary
- Tertiary qualification
- A recent graduate
- Relevant computer skills for a newsroom environment
- An ability to produce quality content under pressure while meeting strict deadlines
Please send your CV as well as a Cover Letter explaining your interest in financial reporting and why you would be an overall great fit for the position, to email protected on or before the close of business on 30 June 2018.
If you have not heard from us by 17 July 2018, please assume that your application was unsuccessful. Please indicate in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
In terms of its employment equity guidelines, New Media Publishing aims to provide equal opportunities. New Media Publishing reserves the right not to fill this position at this time should a suitable candidate not be found.
Are you fresh out of university and looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for education and are you curious about the fast emerging EdTech field?
We want to meet you!
We believe that a community of motivated, healthy and happy employees is key to a thriving team. This is why we place huge importance on the culture at GetSmarter and creating an environment that brings out the best in our team.
- Newly Graduate, Degree Level Educated, Final year of studies in any field
- Excited about new opportunities and challenges
- Both creative and logical
- A go-getter
- Passionate and have a can-do attitude
What would you do at GetSmarter?
- Be the welcoming face of “front of house” for GetSmarter
- Answer calls at the switchboard and transfers them to the relevant team members
- Spend 75% of the time within the department of choice gaining relevant hands-on job experience
- Assist with projects and tasks in the department of choice
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as per intern brief
- Assist Barista when needed
- Admin responsibilities
Join our team who “Play to Win” in Observatory, Cape Town.
- Paid Internship
- One complimentary online short course
- On-site gym
- Discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista
Some people are happy to go through life in a comfortable bubble and that is great, we don’t judge, but at Hello Group we believe that if we can change lives it’s a day well lived. We change lives every minute of the day, literally.
For us we don’t go to work each day, we go to a place where “grown-ups” are fuelled by a risk-taking appetite for adventure that leaves a definite mark on the lives of others.
A place where you get scrapes knocks or even trip over your own shoelaces but through all that build what we call profitable altruism. Solving problems that others think are impossible, and having fun while doing it.
We love a bit of craziness, a dissatisfaction with the status quo is what YOU can offer us at Hello. It’s our passion to build life-changing businesses and to stay in the chaos and not have to settle into the routine.
We want the smart people on the ground, developing our next big thing.
What do you say…want to join our weird and wonderful family? WHO ARE WE?
The Hello Group exists to create game-changing integrated consumer and business services for migrant and marginalized communities. Our services are co-created to be low cost, easily accessible and amazingly simple to use with technology at the very core. By constantly evolving for consumers and resellers we maintain market leadership and entrench the Hello Group within the fabric of our communities.
We know we have succeeded when we are the dominant telecom, financial, business and media service provider within our target markets, very few people leave us for the competition and we get more new customers from referrals than from active selling.
Hello. To a better future.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We break down barriers. We defy bias. We level the playing field. We thereby enhance every facet of the lives of the migrant and marginalized communities.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- We change lives, daily. We listen to the little guy who doesn’t have a voice and provide migrants with a support framework and platform to be able to better not only their lives, but the lives of their families. This whilst saving them time and moola.
- We empower and provide hope. By simply harnessing technology we empower people. We did away with the pesky middleman, and today we boast the largest informal point of presence for Sim Cards, all while distributing it ourselves. And guess what, this not only delivers an awesome service but jobs for those in need.
- We uplift the community. We asked they responded, we listened. Our “you send, we build” campaign our loyal customers told us some of their biggest needs. In true Hello fashion we listened and ground has been broken on a state of the art maternity ward in Malawi.
- We make a difference. Every minute of every day! The “building dreams, together” campaign lets customers invest in their children’s future. How do you ask? By making use of our service, it enables us to provide school bursaries.
- You can grow. Like the seven wonders of the world, seven companies that form the Hello Group. And of course, who would want to stop there, we need more wonders in this world, so we keep on growing. Want to join a crazy group that offers you huge potential for growth?
- You can be bold. Speak up, improve processes, push the envelope, ask the question and challenge the status quo.
- You can be innovative. The best ideas are born in garages, let this be your garage of brilliant ideas.
- You can learn. One is never too old to learn, at Hello we are constantly evolving and to keep the evolution going we need to learn. So, in the adapted words of Dory, just keep learning, just keep learning, learning, learning, learning.
- You can be you. We want YOU for Hello Group. Your individual flavour, your unique skills, your keen sense of detail and any other crazy skills that you can offer Hello.
THE HELLO GROUP:
- Hello Mobile (www.hellomobile.co.za)
- Q.MART (www.qmart.co.za)
- Hello Paisa (www.hellopaisa.co.za)
- Armored (www.armorhead.co.za)
- Snode Technologies (www.snode.com)
- Achilles Risk Solutions (www.achillesrisk.com)
- Bedlam Inc. (www.bedlaminc.com).
WHO YOU ARE:
- You will be completing a Finance / Accounting or relavant degree at the end of 2018
- You have a keen eye for detail and interest in all that is finance
- You have superb communication skills
- You are computer literate.
We seek an Intern to support teachers and learner learners in a way that creates a strong culture combining a love of learning and rigor.
About Our Organisation
Our parent organization, Streetlight Schools, is a non-profit whose vision is to provide the neediest children the most innovative, effective and transformative teachers and schools to help them unlock their full potential. Streetlight Schools realizes this vision by launching schools in inner-city communities in Johannesburg, including its first school, Streetlight: Jeppestown.
Reports To: School Leader.
Position Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the teaching teams in 1. classroom activities; 2. preparing learning and teaching resources
- Take on break duties according to the school’s need, ensuring a safe and positive environment for the children during breaks and that students have access to engaging play activities.
- take on extracurricular, aftercare and play-based activities.
- adapt and practice the responsive classroom principles with the students.
- take initiative and contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment among staff.
Studying towards a Teaching degree. Preferably in 2nd or 3rd-year tertiary
No experience will learn on the job
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the school
- Must be able to show initiative and be proactive
- Willingness to adhere to the school’s values, culture, and pedagogical approaches.
- Prove excellent skills and ability to take care of and socialize with the students as well as the school staff.
- Appropriate training in the use of ICT packages.
- Ability to prioritize and manage issues and work tasks, excellent organization skills, ability to meet deadlines
- The desire to work in low-income communities in an urbanizing environment, ability to relate well to children and adults and promote the school in the wider community
- Ability to work constructively as part of the team of Streetlight Schools, willing to engage in building an innovative and effective learning environment for children
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous South Africa Language
- Strong Leader
- Nurturing, kind and caring
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work beyond official working times when required
Values: Love, Respect, Professionalism, Innovation, Dedication
How To Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address below. Please put the job title in the subject line.
Closing date: Monday 28 May 2018.
Jeppe Park, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
With the objective of having a diverse cultural mix of employees, Vedanta hires interns from around the globe.
Our talent engagement process is founded on our belief that every individual joining us has the primary ‘right to grow’. And we believe it is our responsibility to provide our employees with opportunities to fulfill this right.
The Group’s ‘Star of Business’ programme is a unique initiative that aims to identify high potential talents early in their careers and put them on a fast growth track through enhanced roles and responsibilities. Through the Vedanta competency model, an assessment is made of the candidates’ core attributes, behaviors and leadership styles to identify and groom ‘Business Leaders of Tomorrow’.
• Must be a South African citizen
• Must hold a 3 or 4 year Degree, B-Tech Degree or Honours Degree.
• The applicant must have completed their qualification in December 2017
• The applicant should have no bursary obligations, which would prohibit commencement of duty at Gamsberg
• Medically Fit
• Clear criminal records
• People with disabilities are encouraged to apply documentation for submission:
• Curriculum vitae
• Academic transcripts (From the first year to graduation)
• Certified copy of identity document, driver’s license, and qualifications
Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo a relevant psychometric assessment. Interested individuals should address their clearly marked applications to:
22 May 2018 @ 16H00
The Human Resources Department
Black Mountain Mining (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag 01
Fax: 086 666 1017
Email your CV to Louise Van Den Heever email protected.
Joining IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) you’ll work on real projects, with real clients and real bottom-line deliverables. Join us and you’ll collaborate with insightful professionals in an environment that cultivates creativity and individuality, rewarding diverse thinking and bold ideas.
And not just anyone. We are looking for exceptional people. Like you.
The initiative of our 1 year program in GTS is to identify tomorrow’s technical leaders. Interested?
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) offers end-to-end IT consulting and business services supported by an unparalleled global delivery network. At GTS, we provide our clients with innovative technology solutions that help them to improve their business processes and in turn, profitability.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Graduate with minimum 3.3 GPA
- studying IT, Computer Science, Technology, Information Systems or Commerce?
- fluent in English (spoken & written)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Required to learn sales methodologies & processes for a sales cycle.
- Assist the sales team with mandatories both commercial and enterprise team.
- Request pricing approval and help with the approval process.
- Open Engage Support and load all mandatories, SoWs, Price Files and Delivery approvals for Bid managers to review and ensure process is followed.
- Communicate with Bid Managers regarding release of Opportunities loaded on engage Support.
- Loading of Signed contracts on Engage Support
- Pricing for the simple OEM opportunities.
- Dealing with clients and supporting the sales team on certain sales play.