Conservation South Africa believes “People need nature to thrive “, and so its work seeks to promote and support conservation, restoration, and sustainable land use in South Africa’s Hotspots as an essential element of food security and land reform, human and economic development, and building resilience to the impacts of […]
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to place a Production Intern who have completed their S4 with the view to qualifying in Chemical Engineering.
REPORTING TO the Human Resources Consultant: Learning and Development.
We work hard to attract, retain and develop people who are committed to delivering excellent work and being the best they can possibly be.
- Complete section specific training as per the requirements of the position profiles in that section within the agreed timeframe
- Complete a General and Plant-Specific induction
- Complete legal training as per mill and section requirement
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Commit to a training programme for 2 years
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
- Computer literate
- Sound Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Attention to detail
- A good team player with strong communication skills
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- S4 or National Diploma In Chemical Engineering
- No experience required
Closing date for applications: 06 June 2018
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
New Hanover Preparatory School is a co-educational Pre-Primary and Primary School, offering education in a country setting from Grade RRR to Grade 7.
New Hanover Prep is steeped in a rich heritage of 160 years of Christian-based education. With a strong core of values that include Christian Faith, a Sense of Self, Integrity and a Sense of Belonging, New Hanover Prep is a leading independent co-educational school with a proud history that offers an innovative and relevant education.
Date: Available from July 2018
The successful applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a Bachelor of Education or another degree with the aim to study a PGCE, with an accredited distance learning institution
- Have strong personal values and be actively supportive of the school’s Christian ethos
- Be enthusiastic about working with young children
- Be able to work and cooperate in a professional team environment
- Be able and willing to participate in the school’s extra-curricular programme
- Be self-motivated and disciplined
Our internship programme offers both on-the-job training and mentoring and a holistic development plan for each intern. The remuneration package will include a monthly allowance, food allowance, accommodation, and study costs.
A letter of application together with a CV, copy of qualifications and the names and contact details of at least 3 referees should be submitted to:
The Headmaster, New Hanover Preparatory School, at the email address email protected.
Closing Date: June 15, 2018
Location: New Hannover, Dalton, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. New Hanover Preparatory School reserves the right not to proceed with filling this post.
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Software Engineer Graduates to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
Graduate Software Developer Training Programme:
Closing date 15th August 2018
The graduate training program at takealot.com will prepare you for software development in takealot.com’s large-scale and fast-paced environment.
The Graduate program helps you build both technical and soft-skills to launch your career, learning from the best in the business. Although a permanent employee from day 1, the program consists of various technical and soft skill courses where you will be receive training on a variety of areas such as Python development, MySQL, QA as well as several in-house built frameworks.
You will be given the opportunity to shadow all business units and have exposure to different teams and methodology. You will receive lectures, and work on projects and throughout the program receive support and guidance to help you build your career.
- BSc Computer Science, BEng, Mathematics or Bus Sci
- Less than 24 months full-time work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java, C#, C++, C, or another widely used language
- Strong understanding of data structures/algorithms
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Linux knowledge
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
- If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.
The Coronation Brilliant Minds Graduate Programme is introducing fantastic opportunities for seven newly qualified graduates to start a career in Asset Management for 2019.
• Investments (Equity Research) – Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting, Economics or Maths
• Talent Management – Bachelor’s degree with majors in HR or Organisational Psychology
• Client Services (Contact Centre) – Finance related Bachelor’s degree
• Validations (Contact Centre) – Finance related Bachelor’s degree
• Middle Office – Finance related Bachelor’s degree
• Personal Investments – Finance related Bachelor’s degree
Competencies & Personality Attributes
• Responsibility and Accountability
• Attention to detail
• Innovative and creative
• Ambitious, highly energetic and keen to take on additional responsibilities in a dynamic environment
• Should have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Must be able to work in a team environment
*Please note that in order to meet objectives set in our Employment Equity plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.*
Now Media seeks a conscientious intern with a great attitude – someone who has completed their studies in a journalism-related field (publishing, communications, English, etc.) or someone who is currently studying within this field but needs work experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining valuable experience working in a fun, dynamic, high-pressure newsroom environment with a team of specialist journalists and editors.
Tasks will center primarily around administrative and research activities, but there will be a requirement to assist with some writing. Attending functions will also be a requirement.
Now Media is offering a month-to-month contract 6-month contract. This contract will be reviewed each month.
Now Media (Pty) Ltd, the largest travel trade publisher in Africa, has been committed to promoting travel and trade in the Southern African region since 1953. Based in Illovo, Johannesburg, Now Media prides itself on being an innovator of cutting-edge promotional products for the freight, travel and tourism industries.
- Diploma or degree (original certificate required)
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Valid passport
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Own car
- A go-getter who takes the initiative
- Easy-going by nature but takes the job seriously
- Can work independently as well as part of a team
- Eager to learn
- Please send your CV to Careers Malherbe at email protected. If you have not heard from us please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line when applying.
As a respected Product Support Graduate you will be expected to, use your high energy and social skills to partner with our client’s customers to help them achieve maximum benefit from their products.
When a user emails or sends you a chat with a problem or support query, it is important that you develop a strong rapport and make the user feel that someone is listening and understanding them.
You should be able to remember answers to frequently asked questions and troubleshoot with ease.
Key Focus Areas:
- Managing incoming email and chat user support inquiries
- Identifying and assessing user needs to achieve satisfaction
- Be an expert when it comes to the product and potentially for other products in the future
- Act as a liaison to resolve any emerging problems that our users might face with accuracy and efficiency
- Handle queries and complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, following up to ensure resolution and keep records of customer interactions
- Tech-Savvy within software
- Follow communication procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Respond from a pre-prepared script that applies to the situation at hand
- Go the extra mile to engage with customers
- Able to commute to 44 Stanley Avenue (Praekelt offices) as a primary place of work
Working hours: 9am – 5pm working days whilst achieving the following turnaround times:
- Live chat response time: 5 minutes
- Email Support via email response time: 30 minutes
- Management of content to be uploaded to the brand management portal during downtime
Desired skills and experience:
- High school qualification (Essential)
- Diploma / Degree or the equivalent (advantageous)
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative, in sales or marketing
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent written communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Be able to learn quickly so they can acquire the product knowledge to answer users questions accurately
- What will make you stand out from the rest:
- Excited to help users
- Patient, empathetic and passionately communicative
- Problem-solving should come naturally
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Confident at troubleshooting and investigate if you don’t have enough information to resolve users queries, support issues or complaints
Praekelt is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical ability.
Internship Opportunity for teachers and foundation phase graduates to apply at various learning institutions.
Foundation Phase Interns
Foundation Phase Interns
A rare opportunity exists for Foundation Phase student teachers, to join the internship programme of this Anglican School. St Peter’s is fortunate to offer facilities equaled by few schools. The School is known for its innovative approach, the warmth of its community and its pioneering attitude to education in general.
- Matric, with Bachelors degree endorsement
- Matric, English mark – 55% minimum
- English, as first additional language – 55%
- Maths Literacy – 50% minimum
- Maths – 50%
- Indigenous language
- Proficiency in English (essential)
- South African Citizenship
Closing: 14 June 2018
Teacher Internship 2019
Requirements: qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Prospective interns should be 21 years or older and currently studying a Bachelor of Education degree or another degree with the aim of studying a PGCE.
- Preference will be given to potential interns who wish to teach the following subjects: Maths, Physical Science, IT, English and/or Economics
- Experience in coaching school sport would be an advantage
- A desire to make a career of teaching, and a commitment to ongoing professional learning
- As Michaelhouse is a boys’ boarding school and interns are required to live in the boarding houses, preference will be given to male candidates
- Alignment with the Christian values and ethos of the school
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A clear criminal clearance certificate
- SACE Registration will be required during the year, if not already obtained
Closing: 16 July 2018
Teacher Training Internship Opportunities
An applicant must:
- Be in possession of a recognised initial degree with majors in subjects which are taught in high school
- Qualify for entry to a PGCE in the FET and Senior Phases
- Successful applicants will have their PGCE tuition fees covered and will receive a monthly stipend in return for services rendered to the school.
Closing: 30 May 2018
St Anne’s Diocesan College provides an excellent, balanced and globally relevant education in a caring boarding environment from Grade 8 to Grade 12
- be either a 3rd year student or a student who is at least 20 years of age
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a career in teaching or in a school environment
- be female students, prepared to live in single accommodation on campus, due to their responsibilities in the boarding houses
- have a driver’s license (not essential but would be advantageous)
Closing: 15 August 2018
We seek an Intern to support teachers and learner learners in a way that creates a strong culture combining a love of learning and rigor.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the teaching teams in 1. classroom activities; 2. preparing learning and teaching resources
- Take on break duties according to the school’s need, ensuring a safe and positive environment for the children during breaks and that students have access to engaging play activities.
- take on extracurricular, aftercare and play-based activities.
- adapt and practice the responsive classroom principles with the students.
- take initiative and contribute to an inclusive and positive working environment among staff.
Education: Studying towards a Teaching degree. Preferably in 2nd or 3rd-year tertiary
Experience:No experience will learn on the job
Closing: 28 May 2018
Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme 2019
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER?
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (BEd) or 2-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. Successful candidates will be appointed from January 2019.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Sciences, Languages (across the phases); and ECD/ Foundation Phase
- Students already registered in one of the above courses
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance. (Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
ISASA is a non-profit organization that provides its members with services to protect their interests, promote best practice and support quality education.
Rio Tinto, successfully operating for over forty years, RBM offers a scenic coastal lifestyle with great career opportunities through development, challenges and advanced technology.
With a strong focus on the safety and well-being of our people, this dynamic environment offers a long-lasting career.
Our opportunities are located in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Richards Bay.
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join a global leader in the mining and metals sector, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
- Female South African Citizen
- Matric with Maths and Science
- National driver’s license
- 4X N3 subjects (Maths, Science and two engineering / Mineral processing subjects for Learnership Mineral Processing)
The following learnership opportunities are also available to applicants interested in pursuing a career in the following trades:
- Learnership Mineral Processing
We are looking to employ a number of graduate trainees who will be involved in assisting and driving the delivery of various projects and initiatives across the business.
Opportunities exist in the following areas:
Role 1-Talent Management (Support Services)
Role 2- Central Finance (Support Services)
Role 3-IT User Support (Support Services)
Role 4 -Sales/Business Development-Investor Marketing
Role 5-Social Media/Community Management
Role 6-Data Base Management and Design
Role 7-Integrated Corporate Reporting (Investor Relations)
WHO WE ARE?
We are a leading provider of investor marketing solutions, for largely corporate clients, throughout South Africa and beyond.
Using innovative communications mediums and platforms, we partner with our clients around their communication and marketing needs to deliver to their shareholders and broader stakeholders, the right message, through the right medium, with the right results.
We assist our clients in producing integrated design, aligned content and digital strategies to influence their key stakeholders and advance their business goals.
Our teams of skilled and passionate individuals are based in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Western Cape and Mauritius. Their number includes strategists, creatives, marketers, IT experts, corporate communications, financial as well as a host of other professionals – all united around finding the best solution for the specific communication requirement of the client.
We offer a seamless management process – from concept right through to execution and delivery, to ensure we meet our clients’ compliance, communication, and brand-building objectives.
- We are looking for young graduates who together with their discipline-specific degree, have a strong commercial orientation.
- You need to be fascinated by the world of investor marketing, the power of data and systems and the ability to leverage these to communicate specific messages to specific audiences to achieve specific business objectives.
- Given that we operate in largely a corporate environment, with shareholder communications being a major focus, you would also need to have an interest in listed companies, share trading and the integrated reporting requirements that are associated with being listed on the various stock exchanges such as the JSE.
- We are looking for a high- potential candidates, who are looking for a foot in the door.
- You would initially be employed on a 1-year fixed term employment contract. During this period, you will also be required to undertake an accredited management learnership.
- At the end of the one-year period, if you are successful and there are openings in the business, you will be eligible to be considered for full-time employment.
The successful candidate would demonstrate the following attributes
- Strong management potential
- Be highly motivated and engaged
- Be resourceful and show lots of initiative
- Have a superior general understanding of commercial matters
- Have good analytical skills
- Have good interpersonal skills at all levels
- Be resilient, hard- working and hungry to succeed
Areas of focus for the business include:
- Trends in digital formatting and transmission of various forms of corporate communications and how these can be applied.
- Translating company financials and strategies into formats that allow easy and intuitive analysis and peer comparison using mobile technology.
- Building investor and other specialist communities through the dissemination of up-to-date content information relating to companies and businesses that individuals may be invested in.
- Media channels with whom relationships can be built that will help build the communities.
- International markets for the company’s services and solutions.
- Latest fintech developments and how they can be applied in the business.
- Helping to coordinate and project manage various activities across the business that contribute to both the current operational and future strategic success of the company
In the process of your employment, you will be given access and insight into the key business areas, where you will work with talented individuals on challenging analytical and operational projects from day 1.
If you are a graduate are currently looking for an opportunity, please send us the following to this email email protected:
- Confirmation of the Role you are applying for
- A letter of motivation as to why you believe you are suited to the role.
- A concise but well-constructed CV
- A copy of your academic transcripts for your degree