The CSIR has a vacancy for a Technician in the Agro-manufacturing research group within the Advanced Agriculture and Food Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible to provide daily laboratory support, conduct analysis on samples and operate various laboratory and pilot plant processing equipment. This position is based in Pretoria.
For more info about the cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/advanced-agriculture-and-food
- Design, plan and execute tasks under supervision;
- Generate and analyse various process flows diagrams and develop process designs;
- In-depth analysis and objective interpretation of data under supervision;
- Undertake laboratory and pilot plant research and development;
- Production of market acceptable product prototypes in the agriculture space;
- Contribute to writing technical reports, manuscripts, SOP’s, HAZOP’s, risk assessments etc;
- Conduct techno-economic analysis on production processes;
- Ensure compliance to all CSIR quality managements systems include ISO/GLP and SHEQ policies.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering with at least one-year experience in a relevant industry;
- Proven both theoretical and practical knowledge of operating agro-processing pilot plant equipment such as centrifuges, mills, spray dryers, slicers, reactors, filtration units etc;
- Strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability);
- Ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to contribute across varied scientific disciplines;
- Willingness to work flexible working hours;
- The following competencies are critical for this position;
- Lateral thinking ability;
- Knowledge and appreciation of a cross-disciplinary project team environment.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at email protected
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it furtherreserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.