About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Leader Support to join the Middle East & Africa Strategy & Operations team which is part of the wider EMEA Reinsurance organisation. The role involves a responsibility to support the African Life & Health Sales Leaders and their Cross Functional Teams (XFT).
The role is located in Cape Town with frequent interaction with colleagues in Zurich, Bratislava and elsewhere. This varied role contains elements of strategy definition work and operational execution. Supporting Client Teams and Sales Leaders may also include direct interaction with our clients.
As part of continuous learning and development, Strategy & Operations is running a Sales Leader Support skills development programme to build up facilitating, consulting and change agent skills.
We wholeheartedly believe in the future of Middle East & Africa.
Build Client & Business Knowledge:
- You build sound knowledge about the clients and the African markets. This is done by working as the right hand to the market Sales Leaders.
- You will gather and prepare management and steering information (e.g. market figures, market information) in close collaboration with EMEA Strategy & Operations teams.
- Meeting & process manager: You will assist the Sales Leaders in planning, facilitating and following up on team events (strategy workshops, sales workshops etc.) which may include facilitation of meetings, discussions and workshops.
- Project management: You will run and contribute to projects and initiatives where you coordinate teams and work-streams as required, ensuring involvement of all relevant parties.
- You will support Sales Leaders and XFTs with sales activities (e.g. monitoring the business pipeline, preparing client material, working on client due diligence etc.)
- You will contribute to the roll-out and handling of origination tools / systems where appropriate.
- You will work closely with the business service teams in Bratislava, ensuring that we make best use of available skills and capabilities and that we continue moving designated tasks and responsibilities.
- You will provide support on various other tasks such as survey coordination, communication, coordination with team assistants, tracking tasks during the renewal process, coordinating the process of agreeing on reinsurance wordings and other ad hoc sales operations tasks.
About the Team
You will work closely with the Strategy & Operations MEA team and the MEA Client Markets teams, both located in Cape Town and Zurich. Strategy & Operations EMEA is made up of business coordinators, strategy analysts, marketing experts, event organisers, project managers, market coordinators and operational officers. We work hand-in-hand with the client market teams to keep the machine running, enabling the best client service and driving the definition and implementation of market strategies.
Experience / Skills:
- Solid experience in a supporting function within the Origination or Business Management fields
- Strong analytical skills, would be capable to run, understand and analyse reports
- Experience in project management
- Sound time and information management skills
- Sound meeting, discussion and workshop facilitation skills
- Basic client management experience is an asset
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Open minded and strong service orientation, always seeking to improve ways to service our internal / external clients while assuring added value for Swiss Re
- Prepared and willing to challenge when needed and to foster a strong feedback culture
- Enjoys working and collaborate with colleagues
- Pro-active, thinking ahead, anticipating next steps and preparing possible outcomes
- Power-user of MS Office tools (PPT, XLS, DOC) and openness to new technologies.
Reference Code: 85487