JOB PURPOSE and SCOPE:
Manufacturing of components / parts to required specifications and quality standards in accordance with drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions by operating a CNC Lathe and/or Conventional Lathe.
NOV is an equal opportunity employer. This job description is subject to change without notice. This description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in this position.
Technical Grade 12 (N3); Qualified Turner Machinist.
Minimum 5 years’ experience within a heavy engineering environment.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Cutting of Oil Field connections Pins and Boxes
• Raise bore & Blast Hole Connections
• Programming of the following controls
o Mazatrol 640T
o Fanuc 18i & 6i
o Have ability to adapt to other controls(Siemens)
• Correctly setup and use of MRP Gauges
• Good time keeping record
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Be self motivated & have an innovative mindset
• Willingness to work shifts, overtime and flexible hours if and when required
Read and understand drawings
Being able to work under pressure