The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Performing undergraduate and postgraduate student administration;
- Assisting with the handling of matters related to examinations and processing of examination results;
- Assisting with arrangements regarding graduation ceremonies;
- Assisting with counselling of students with regards to admission requirements and curricula;
- Assisting with handling of matters concerning the Course Catalogue, fixed curricula of degree programmes and prerequisites of modules;
- Liaising with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (prospective students, applicants, registered students, finalists, graduates and other stakeholders);
- Delivering an exceptional and client-friendly service to students and all stakeholders involved in the student administrative processes at the University.
- An appropriate and relevant three-year recognised post-matric qualification with at least three years’ experience in a tertiary environment specifically related to Student Administration;
- Specific experience with all processes from applications, admissions, registration, programme advertisement and degree audits and graduation ceremonies;
- Computer literacy with knowledge of and experience in PeopleSoft, MS Office packages, etc.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Applicable professional communication and language skills, both written and verbal;
- Interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively within a team;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to function effectively under pressure.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Advanced proficiency in the Ms Office package.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: email protected
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Ziyanda Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.