Oxfam South Africa, an African affiliate of Oxfam International which is a part of a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and re build lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam South Africa’s purpose is to work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. We are an Affiliate member of Oxfam International, a global confederation of 20 Affiliates working together in more than 90 countries across all regions of the world for a just world without poverty.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam South Africa is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Job Title: Public Fundraising Senior Officer
Job Location: South Africa
- Work as part of the wider Public Fundraising team feeding into team strategy and planning
- To plan, devise and manage Oxfam’s individual supporter acquisition strategy to ensure long-term income for the organisation
Strategy and Planning
- Plan, develop and implement the strategy to maximise individual supporter acquisition & retention across multiple channels and with multiple products.
- Deliver PF acquisition & retention strategy within budget, KPI’s are met and growth of supporter database is maximised.
- Support the individual giving emergency fundraising strategy for both local and international emergencies.
- In collaboration with digital fundraiser, ensure digital is integrated into all aspects of the retention programs.
- Lead the development and implementation of new acquisition & retention products
Supporter Acquisition & Retention
- Devise, develop and ensure implementation of integrated supporter communications cycles
- Manage the acquisition & retention of supporters to a range of products across a range of media
- Review and refine messaging, product and donor journey against current plans and make recommendations to maximise supporter retention rates
- Oversee clarity and integration of messaging across acquisition & retention campaigns to new and existing audiences
- Manage the strategy to acquire & retain payroll givers from new and existing audiences
- Ensure member get member, upgrade and retention strategies are properly understood and executed accordingly
- Identify and implement research, development and testing of new ways to engage the public on the work of Oxfam to maximise acquisition & retention
- Monitor all retention fundraising programs using KPI’s and make recommendations on effectiveness to HOFr based of results
- Run reports on donor segments, offering ways to acquire, retain, reactivate, and convert donors to sustain and increase individual donations
- Analyse appeals performance and report individual and overall results
- Monitor ROI and attrition of new and existing supporters by channel and product
- Implement strategies maximise supporter lifetime value
- Recommend annual budgets and forecast supporter acquisition & retention and expected ROI by channel and product.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports against set KPI’s
- Keep up-to-date with market knowledge and fundraising trends.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks relevant to the post.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to work with and manage external service providers
- Ability to write for different audiences/donor segments and build relationships with supporters over the long term
- Strong writer with proven ability to develop high level, compelling copy. Ability to quickly synthesis complex ides and turn them into concise appeals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct marketing and communications
- Details orientated with strong project management skills in planning, prioritizing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent technical, analytical and communications skills.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development relevant to the role purpose and level will be highly advantageous
- Innovative management style.
- Energy, enthusiasm and flair to work hard and achieve ambitious targets.
- The self-confidence, composure and stature to inspire respect and credibility at all levels, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Courteous, diplomatic and tactful
- Proactive and delivery focused approach
- Flexible; able to work on own or part of team
- Enthusiasm for new challenges
- Committed to quality, continuous improvement
How to apply
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, 24 May, 2019