Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Organisation: Uganda Cancer Society
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Cancer Society primarily coordinates civil society efforts for a systematic contribution towards effective cancer control in Uganda through fostering collaborative advocacy, awareness creation, capacity building, research and patient support.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for all financial and administrative related matters of UCS. The person will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director (ED). The FAO shall at all-time act in accordance with UCS’ current policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all book keeping, preparation of vouchers and verification of supporting documents paying attention to ensure legal, accounting practice and standards are met before payments are made.
• Ensure all transactions are accurately entered into the QuickBooks accounting software, analyzed and reports generated.
• Lead in Budget preparation, planning and control as per work plan.
• Prepare accurate financial statements in accordance with the Internationally Accepted Financial Reporting Standards.
• In accordance with organizational procedures, collate and document in a usable format, financial information and documentation for reporting to the Board and institutional international donors.
• Set up, maintain and follow robust procedures in the preparation of a comprehensive, accurate payroll, including PAYE and NSSF; and any other statutory deductions due in the employment of staff to the organization.
• Working in liaison with the Executive Director to provide assistance, as may be directed or necessary, during the internal and external Audits.
• Prepare monthly bank and cashbook reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Managing the society membership account and subscription fees in a manner that promotes transparency, effective communication with members and fosters excellent relationships.
• Oversight and regular update of the Fixed Asset Register
• Ensure proper maintenance of office and care of assets.
• Managing office petty cash float in accordance with the organizational Finance and Procurement Manual.
• Set up and maintain systems to ensure the safe custody of the Safe keys and cheque books.
• Ensuring indexed filling system of all office documents and contracts.
• Develop employment contracts for new staff.
• Managing personnel files by ensuring all legal documentation required is held by the organization for the duration of employment.
• Scheduling staff leave days to ensure adequate staffing levels at all times
• Liaising with all office contractors and service providers and to ensure the efficient running of office
• Procuring and monitoring usage of office and stationery supplies.
• Booking staff travel, conferences and trainings where required; in accordance with policy and practice.
• Support staff and update on financial matters.
• Manage the front office/reception including telephone calls, in a way that promotes outstanding client/customer service at all times and promotes open communication and support.
• Any other duties within the realm of a position at this level, as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in related field including but not limited to Commerce, Accounting and Finance, Business Administration.
• Professional training (Level I ACCA, CPA) is of added advantage.
• At least two years of work experience in finance and administration or similar position in a reputable organisation.
• Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks accounting Software & Microsoft Office packages.
• Knowledge and abilities to coordinate the efficient management of financial information; data collection, maintenance and storage.
• Knowledge and competence of working in a busy working environment; able to effectively manage a number of tasks, to completion, on a regular basis.
• Ability to create efficient and easy to use storage and filing systems
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
All candidates should send their curriculum vita, application letter and relevant academic documents (attached as one file and not more than 2MB) to: email@example.com addressed to: The Executive Director and the subject line should be for the position applied for.
Deadline: 3rd May 2019 by 5:00pm
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)