Job Title: Community Relations Officer
Employer: Development Channel
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Duration: 5-6 weeks
Development Channel is a conglomerate of 25 Start-Up UK companies founded by an African-born, Pan-African enthusiast and committed to bridging the development divide between Africa and the developed world through the use of highly innovative and empathy driven companies to create a strong middle class, food security and strong infrastructure among the world’s most disadvantaged. We are launching our operations in Uganda through the great award winning concept of compassionate capitalism and social entrepreneurship in an unprecedented initiative known as “Uganda Poverty Alleviation Program.”
About Uganda Poverty Alleviation Program:
Uganda Poverty Alleviation program is an unprecedented initiative designed to reduce poverty among Ugandans while simultaneously increasing access to information technology. The average Ugandan gets a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a shareholder of a conglomerate of 25 Start-Up UK companies who has decided to share their profits with selected Ugandans for a lifetime through their simple purchase of its branded computer tablets. We seek the services of very aggressive communicators and experienced people in FIELD SALES to help in our grassroots campaign to enlighten, educate and enroll the public into this wonderful, life enhancing opportunity.
Job Summary: The Community Relations Officer will be tasked with enrolling 30 or more people into the program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Grassroots sensitization of people who need the poverty alleviation program.
· Enrollment of the people into the program.
· Act as a liaison and provide support between the people and the office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must be educated with great communication skills
· Available to coordinate a grassroots campaign with the aim of enrolling people into the initiative.
· Previous experience in field sales or other grassroots related experience such as charity work, church outreach or political campaigns.
· UGX 40, 000 per enrollment (UGX 1 million if you enroll 25 people).
· Free Computer Tablet with free Shareholder certificate if you enroll 25 people.
· Free Raffle ticket to win a car if you enroll 30 people or more.
Start Date: Immediately
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org for invitation to orientation and interview. Offer starts immediately!
Deadline: 24th November 2017