The core purpose of the role is to support the implementation of HC operations within the relevant Region in accordance with company policies and procedures. This support includes, but is not limited to: Payroll administration, Recruitment, Learning and development, Performance management, Transformation. The role requires the incumbent to work in an administrative capacity closely with the Regional Senior HC Manager, HC Manager, Senior HC Officers, Operations and HC Shared Services.
Job Title: Administrator: Human Capital
Location: Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
1. Implement specified administration related to HC operational transactions within the Business Unit in line with the SLA with the HC Shared Services Function.
2. Manage human capital data in support of management decisions to enhance workforce productivity, such as absenteeism, IR cases and sick leave patterns.
3. Support identified payroll and related input processes and procedures i.e. receive and verify wage input sheets from operations, escalate queries and print and distribute payslips.
4. Support the recruitment process by compiling relevant documentation for payroll submission, assisting with the on-boarding process and tracking and reporting on new employees.
5. Provide administrative support to ensure effective implementation of safety, health and wellness campaigns.
6. Track and complete required administrative requirements for annual and pre-employment medicals in accordance with company policies and procedures.
7. Provide administrative support related to employment equity and skills development committees, such as compiling meeting minutes, scheduling meeting dates and communicating information.
8. In conjunction with the Barloworld Logistics Academy, monitor scheduled training interventions (including annual / new employee inductions and required refresher training) according to company policies and procedures.
9. Assist with the administration requirements related to the implementation of interventions associated with the Integrated Employee Value Model, including the coordination of the IPM survey.
10. Assist with the implementation of employee engagement initiatives.
11. In conjunction with the HC Shared Services payroll department, administer remuneration and benefit schemes in the region – medical aid, provident fund, GPA, bonuses, incentives and gain-shares, death and disability claims and wellness (ICAS).
12. Assist with the implementation of HC policies, procedures and processes
Relevant Human Resources Certificate/ Diploma / Degree
Relevant office administration qualification
Minimum 3 years in an HC administrative role in a transport-, supply chain-, logistics-, construction- and/or manufacturing environment
Experience in working with Bargaining Councils
Engaging at various levels (front-end to management level)
VIP HC People/Premier package
Exposure to transformational and transactional HC functions
Drivers license and own vehicle
Required to travel to operations within the region
Sound knowledge of HC policies, practices and procedures
Sound knowledge of administration and payroll systems and processes
Sound knowledge of Bargaining Council administrative requirements
Basic financial and commercial acumen
Appreciation for value-add of technology
Understand employment contract law and other relevant employment legislation and practices, specifically related to the transport and logistics industry, and the application thereof within the company’s HC frameworks
Competent in MS Office package (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) at an intermediate level.
Well-developed administrative skills
Documentation control and management skill
Well-developed listening skills
Well-developed interpersonal skills to network and build relationships, including sensitivity to diversity, internal resilience (EQ) and conflict resolution skills
Basic ability to analyze and interpret numerical and commercial information (business acumen)
Strong analytical thinking to manage, optimize and improve administrative processes and procedures
Ability to multi-task
Good accuracy and attention to detail
Knowledge of Employment legislation in the relevant region
Application Deadline: 4th of April 2019