is an international nonprofit organisation that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships. Its aim is to empower communities to develop new generations of productive citizens.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Job Location: Johannesburg.
Report to: General Manager
This is a fixed term contract.
- Maintain and promote Afrika Tikkun’s reputation with the community through innovative communication campaigns
- Ensure recruitment of beneficiaries is at capacity and that beneficiaries’ attendance is maintained using strategies uniquely appropriate to the target market
- Content development for Public Relations on Centre events, success stories and breaking news
- Assist Centre General Manager with Report Writing
- Media Liaison
- Provide support and assistance to Fundraising and Marketing department
- Provide support to the General Manager on all delegated Marketing functions
- Develop, engage and maintain strong relationships/partnerships with local media houses and schools
- A diploma or degree in PR, Communications, or the Arts
- Two to three years’ working experience in your field
- Drivers licence with your own vehicle
- Computer Literacy
- Working knowledge in event management and fundraising (advantageous)
- Communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Organisational skills, an ability to handle various tasks and provide support to the Marketing team
- Proposal and report writing skills
- Ability to write, photograph, video record even at an amateur level
- Ability to work well in a team showing patience, enthusiasm, intelligence, respect, and love for Afrika Tikkun, its beneficiaries and its community
- A self-starter and highly motivated to get things done on your own
- Ability to perform administrative tasks with attention to detail, timeliness and accuracy
- Ability to network and communicate with media and other stakeholders
Submit your CV to Ester Thage at email@example.com or alternatively fax application details to 086 668 0542.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 3 April, 2019