The South African Breastmilk Reserve is a nonprofit organisation that came to life in 2003 and today is the largest milk-bank banking partner of the South Africa Department of Health and Netcare, associated with 44 milk banks that supply anything from 75 to 100 hospitals around the country, in a year.
Job Title: Auxiliary Nurse
Job Location: Vryburg, North West.
The position is available immediately.
- Collect donated milk
- Recruite and assist new mothers to donate breastmilk (DBM)
- Process, pasteurise and store donated milk according to SOP’s
- Ensure the breastmilk bank never runs out of DBM
- Distribute DBM according to SOP’s
- Maintain all the administration documents according to the SOP’s
- Clean and maintain all the cleanliness and hygiene standards according to the SOP’s
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of SABR with the hospitals
- Maintain the equipment and reporting the need for maintenance or equipment failure;
- Ensure quality assurance, health and safety standards and hygiene standards are maintained at all times including universal regular hand washing procedures
- Advocacy work to promote human breast milk banking
- Must have passed matric
- Qualified auxiliary nurse
- Qualified HIV/Aids Counsellor
- Passionate about breast feeding
- Ideally a mother who has breastfed her own children
- Some work experience in the health sector
- Affinity with and sensitivity towards new mothers
- Be self-motivated and able to work on one’s own
- Ideally be computer literate