The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a well-respected non-governmental organisation that acts as an interface between donors and community-based organisations (CBOs) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs and providing them with ongoing management, technical support and capacity building.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
This is a fixed term Contract for the period of 12 months
The purpose of the position is to maintain, develop and expand the social media presence of the Sex Rights Africa Network and its online networking hub.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Programme manages the Sex Rights Africa Network which is an open association of SRHR practitioners. SRAN exists to share evidence and strengthen advocacy and action to realise SRHR for all in Southern Africa and globally. The www.sexrightsafrica.net platform is managed by the AIDS Foundation of South Africa and supported by the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, Zambia. It also hosts Trainers Lab (www.trainerslab.net), a global hub for SRHR trainers, supported by Aidsfonds in the Netherlands.
- Promote the campaigns and activities of the SRAN
- Drive traffic to the website
- Extend access to SRHR resources and support to mobile users in Eastern and Southern Africa
- A University degree, college diploma or equivalent in digital marketing / social media communications
- Knowledge of social media marketing and in social media advertising
- Proven track record in social media account growth, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Experience in social media goal setting, strategy and execution
- Strong knowledge of media monitoring, research and analysis, online measurement and report generation
- Understanding of and commitment and sensitivity to SRHR issues in Southern Africa
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond quickly and effectively under pressure
- Experience in social media advertising
- Experience in blogging
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Knowledge of social media storytelling (use of images, video, text to tell a compelling story)
To apply, submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and links with social media pages and/or blogs with the reference “SRAN Social Media Officer” in the subject line via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us two weeks after closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. The Organisation particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.
Note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered.
For more about AIDS Foundation of South Africa, refer to www.aids.org.za
Application Deadline: 28th Feb, 2019