Applications are now open for Postdoctoral Fellowship for a 2-year term to conduct Health Services Research components. This position is best suited to an individual who can work independently and as part of a team, and provide supervision and/or mentorship to research trainees.
The mission of ARCC is to improve cancer control and the delivery of cancer care through interdisciplinary, pan-Canadian leadership in health economics, services, policy and ethics research, education and knowledge translation.
- Applications Deadline: January 15, 2019, Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The Fellow will be primarily appointed at UBC’s Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences with the Collaboration for Outcomes Research and Evaluation. The EXPLAIN-yCRC team is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow for a 2-year term to conduct Health Services Research components of the project which include:
- Characterizing the treatment of yCRC in terms of patterns and determinants
- Estimating health care costs associated with yCRC
- Nationality: All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have:
- A PhD in epidemiology, health services research, health economics, health policy, or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated scientific productivity in terms of published manuscripts and conference abstracts;
- Experience with analyzing of large databases (preferably using SAS);
- A desire to take on leadership responsibilities by leading the development of specific research initiatives within the scope of the broader project.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Preferred start date is January 15th, 2019 but is negotiable. Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter describing relevant research experience, most significant research accomplishments and a statement of research interests, a curriculum vitae, PDFs of up to three representative publications, and contact information for three referees via email to: