Job Title: Agricultural Extension Worker
Employer: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Location: Amuru, Uganda
· Formulate detailed work plans to implement activities which address identified sustainable agriculture development needs of project participants, families and communities
· Coordinate and participate in implementing follow- up, training and retraining plans for staff/partners and the selected farmer groups or associations and advise on any other emerging development needs
· Reporting on follow up, trainings, support provided to groups, monitoring and evaluation activities, farm productivity, sustainable organic agriculture.
· Documentation of success stories and case studies
· Ensure farmers are followed up regularly and re-training programs in sustainable agriculture are implemented.
· Coordinate Peer Farmer Development individually and as a Group.
· Take part in streamlining gender equity in groups and individual families
· The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
· At least two to three years’ experience in providing extension services
· Must have a valid riding permit
· Previous experience in implementation of interventions involving application of sustainable agriculture methodologies
· Knowledge VSLA methodologies
· Experience in community development and NGO work.
· Ability to deliver training programmes
· Ability to ride a motorbike for long distances
· Excellent communication skills
· Good report writing skills
· Good networking skills.
· Able to work well with government and other development partners
· Ability to build high quality group dynamics
· Ability to manage conflict and deal positively with setbacks
· Have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
· An initiator and self -driven
· Good team player.
· High degree of flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their completed application forms, download here, with copies of your academic documents to email@example.com indicating the job applied for as the subject.
Deadline: 24th November 2017 by 5:00 PM