CWAO is a non-profit organisation based in Germiston, Gauteng. It provides free advice and support to workers, privileging casual, contract, labour broker and other precarious workers.
- Existing funder agreements are efficiently managed and administered according to funder requirements and organisational policy and procedure
- Potential funders are identified and the relevant relationships and fundraising proposals are developed.
- Compile reports to funders in accordance with reporting requirements
- Project management, particularly monitoring of activities in line with project budgets
- Developing a fundraising strategy in line with CWAO’s key areas of work.
- Provide oversight of financial management.
- Assist in producing financial reports and the preparation of the external audit.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven project and financial management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others
- Ability to network with partner organisations
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work well within a democratic collective culture.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- At least 3 years funder management and financial management experience
- A sound understanding of NGO grants administration and contractual agreements; research methodologies and reporting
- Grant funding cycle and project cycle monitoring skills
- Civil society experience and knowledge of SA’s socio-political environment and how it impacts on social justice
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of the Monitoring & Evaluation systems
Please send a motivational letter, an up-to-date CV and details of two contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 15 February 2019
Preference will be given to black, women candidates. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.