Students for a Better Future’s core mission is to provide students displaying academic potential, who are financially needy and demonstrate resilience and tenacity, with the opportunity to study at some of the best high schools and post-secondary institutions in Cape Town.
At the very core of Students for a Better Future is the ability to learn and adapt based on what the scholars and students need to develop, in order to achieve our vision of “individuals who can successfully contribute to positive change.” The end of 2018, Students for a Better Future, developed a 5-year strategy which adequately prepares us for the future and enables ongoing monitoring and adaption. The plan clearly sets out the continuum of a scholar and student life at SBF, right from recruitment through to becoming an SBF Alumni.
Family is the overarching value at Students for A Better Future. For us family members guide one another and learn the other values together in the spirit of love and care. Family is not limited to the traditional nuclear family. Family includes people close to you who show care for your emotional, personal, social and intellectual wellbeing. Family provides a sense of belonging. It means showing up for one another, communicating with one another clearly and providing love, care and support to grow positively.
The new strategy has enabled us to grow and expand our exciting team and fill 10 new positions in our Cape Town Office, working to ensure individuals with academic ability and financial need have access to quality education, holistic support and opportunities for growth, through collaborative and strategic partnerships.
Roles we are interviewing for:
- Head of Programmes: Lead and Manager SBF programme implementation, executing SBF strategy to deliver on organisational goal and vision
- Manager Programme Development, M&E: Develop, review and monitor programmes and policies, knowledge management framework and provide a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) service
- Manager Post-secondary Programmes: Manage and oversee the overall post-secondary programme
- Manager Psychosocial Support: Manage and develop the psychosocial services required to support SBF programmes
- Manager Operations: Manage and organise all the core operational functions that support SBF and SBF Programmes, ensuring smooth operational coherence and a high standard of functioning within Human Resources, IT, Procurement, Administration and day-to-day operations
- Coordinator Recruitment & Preparatory Programme: Coordinate the identification of high performing scholars who fit the SBF family and ensure their preparation for entry into the High School Programme
- Coordinator High School Programmes: Coordinate high school programme, inclusive of providing academic and psychosocial support to scholars and families
- Counsellor: Deliver psychosocial services required to support SBF programmes, inclusive of individual counselling and referral to external service providers
- Personal Assistant: The Personal Assistant is responsible for delivering support to the CEO in relation to administration, front desk reception and related office management.
- Programme Administrator: The Programme Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support
Please send your CV, motivational letter and title of the role you are interested in to email@example.com to apply for the above positions.
Application Deadline: 15th Feb, 2019