The Casual Workers Advice Office (CWAO) was founded in 2011 as a nonprofit, independent organisation. It provides free advice and support to workers, privileging casual, contract, labour broker and other precarious workers.
- Provide organising and mobilising support for women workers
- Assist in developing and leading campaigns in which the demands of women workers are central
- Coordinate meetings and workshops for women workers
- Identify educational needs specific to the needs of women workers
- Previous experience with social and / or labour movements, particularly with women workers and community members
- Knowledge of labour struggles and the specific situation of women within labour struggles
- Written and verbal communication skills in several South African languages
- Ability to work independently in a demanding environment
- Ability to work within a democratic collective culture
- Computer literacy
- A valid driving licence
Preference will be given to black women candidates.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15th Feb, 2019