The Casual Workers Advice Office (CWAO) was founded in 2011 as a nonprofit, independent organisation. It provides free advice and support to workers, privileging casual, contract, labour broker and other precarious workers.
- Design, plan, facilitate and evaluate education activities
- Develop appropriate learning materials for worker rights education
- Develop, implement and monitor a media strategy
- Coordinate media relations and press releases
- Write and edit publications and opinion pieces
- Previous experience with social and/or labour movements
- Experience in adult and popular education methodologies, facilitation and development skills
- Written and verbal communication skills in several South African languages
- Knowledge of labour struggles
- Some experience with the media
- Ability to work independently in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a democratic collective culture
- Computer literacy
- A valid driving licence
To apply, submit a motivational letter, an up-to-date CV and details of two contactable referees to email@example.com
Preference will be given to black women candidates.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 15th Feb, 2019