Community Keepers is a nonprofit organisation aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Manage school office:
- Administrate all services delivered at the school, including scheduling of appointments, liaising with referrers, assisting visitors at the office, coordinating school management meetings and general office administration
- Conduct assessments
- Provide individual and/or group therapy
- Obtain collateral from relevant support systems
- Give feedback
- Record the therapy process and recording of data
- Maintain relationships with learners, educators and parents
- Be involve in extramural activities
- Maintain relationships with community partners and establishing new connections
Parents and educators:
- Liaise with parent committees to organise parenting sessions
- Contribute to professional development sessions with educators
- Present life skills programmes
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation plans are implemented and performance targets are achieved
- Tertiary qualification, preferably a B Social Work (and registered with the SACSSP) or BEd (Hons) in Ed Psych / BEd Psych (and registered as a counsellor with the HPCSA)
- Experience in counselling children as well as working in a school context
- Sound ethical principles of practice
- Knowledge in the development of creative approaches for interventions for individual and school development
- Outstanding administrative skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Natural ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Passion for teamwork and community-based interventions
- Capability to represent the values and ethos of the organisation
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “School counsellor / Social Worker: Franschhoek” in the subject line. email@example.com with Counsellor Cape Town as the subject.
Note that we do not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
Application Deadline: 8th Feb, 2019