Organization: Athena Infonomics
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We offer data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges. Some of our clients include: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· As part of our global business development team, engage in business prospecting from responding to tenders/open competitive enquiries and grants to mounting ‘over-the -counter’ pitches that help communicate our value proposition to potential clients.
· Develop compelling proposals through research and analysis on relevant issues (including through in-country fact-finding travel).
· Support budgeting, recruiting, and logistics for business development initiatives.
· Contribute to the development of an actionable business development strategy for Athena Infonomics in the larger Africa region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Business Development Associate job must hold a Master’s degree in social sciences or a related field from a top-notch university in Uganda or overseas, or bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of and interest in international development.
· In-depth knowledge about quantitative and qualitative research methods, and monitoring and evaluation. Excellent knowledge of statistical software packages such as Excel, Stata, E-Views, and SPSS.
· Relevant experience in marketing research and proposal writing. Experience working in consulting is strongly preferred.
· Strong teamwork skills and independent thinking. Must be able to work remotely and coordinate with colleagues across different time zones.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and interpersonal communication such as networking and negotiation, especially in a cross-cultural context.
· Results driven, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
· Must possess valid work authorization in Uganda.
· In-depth knowledge of and abundant experience working with key development actors such as the World Bank, United Nations, USAID, and leading foundations.
· In-depth understanding of technology powered development solutions founded on rigorous social science research methods.
· Contribution to delivering high-quality and high-impact development projects.
· Mentorship and growth within Athena, with ample opportunities for moving up.
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their updated CVs and a one-page cover letter to Jacinta.email@example.com
Deadline: 15th February 2019.