Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
- liaise with the Head of the Legal and Investigations departments as well as the Senior Investigation Officer
- Investigate on cases received via the weekly reports allocation committee, making use of his/her skills, knowledge and experience
- Work in conjunction with the Media and Legal Team in certain cases in order to achieve success
- Maintain regular contact with reporters, keeping them updated and informed, without compromising any part of the investigation
- liaise with role players such as SAPS, SIU, Public Protector and other authorities, operate independently within the systems and processes of Corruption Watch and prioritise workflow based on urgency and nature of the investigation
- Desktop Forensic Investigation, investigate reported cases of corruption so that such cases can eventually be handed over to authorities for possible prosecution or further action, or hand such cases to the media team of Corruption Watch for possible media coverage
- Complete Written reports (in the form a memorandum)
- Assist with investigation related aspects of campaigns and projects being pursued by Corruption Watch as a whole
- General administrative assistance with investigation files
- Ensure that Corruption Watch’s Customer Relations Management System is up to date with all information relevant to investigations under the responsibility of the Legal and Investigations Department
- Degree, Diploma or High Certificatein Forensic investigation
- Investigation Skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative and file management
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills as well as ability to work closely with diverse group of professionals and different departments
To apply, submit cover letter motivating your application for the position, CV (not more than five pages) and three contactable work references (including email addresses) to email@example.com
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 15th Feb, 2019