Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project has been addressing maternal and child health problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani’s programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. The organisation is committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
Philani seeks to appoint a to be based in
To manage, coordinate and implement Philani’s nutrition rehabilitation programmes and to conduct nutrition education and promotion within the organisation and its target communities in Khayelitsha.
- Fieldwork – assisting at clinics ensuring that the NTP programme is being correctly implemented
- People Management – management of the Nutrition Advisor and Breastfeeding Peer Councillors
- Attend to administrative tasks required by the programme, such as report writing, stock control and the collection of various statistics
- Train and conduct workshops for Philani Staff on various topics around nutrition
- Assist with growth monitoring, menu planning and cook training at our Educare Centres
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the DoH and local clinics
- Qualified and Registered Dietician
- Experience in an NPO environment specifically around the clinical care of mothers and children preferable
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 1st February, 2019