Closing date: 13 Feb 2019
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Position: Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Country Projects Representative – Uganda
Location: Kabaale – Uganda
Main Objective of the Function
We are looking for a skilled Monitoring & Evaluation professional with the ability to create decentralized, simple and effective monitoring, evaluation and learning systems. The right candidate will be expected to bring innovative ideas and approaches for M&E of capacity building and strong analytical skills to interpret, document and share evidence and learning. The suitable officer will have a good understanding of donor’s Monitoring & Evaluation requirements and expectations as well as experience working on INGO projects. The Officer will be responsible for the successful monitoring, evaluation and learning support to projects in Uganda.
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer will report to the Uganda Country Projects Representative, and will work closely with the Country Programme Team for alignment of procedures relating to data collection, field support and reporting. S/he will work closely with the Regional PME Manager in Nairobi, partners, the regional programme teams, regional innovations team (i.e. climate & landscapes, digital innovation, impact investment and gender), and quality functions team (including finance, communications, operations and Human Resources), for alignment to organisational procedures. The Officer will be expected to spend 80% of their time supporting projects in Kabale, and 20% in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities
Data collection, verification and supporting in report writing for all Uganda programs.
Support in training projects partners on data collection, project monitoring and evaluation.
Supports country programme managers in the development of proposals, specifically the theory of change and measurement plans.
Assist the Country Manager in managing the portfolio of projects and administration of projects in Salesforce system.
Work in close cooperation with relevant managers for meeting the monitoring and evaluation needs of the donors and business partners.
Closely monitors and reports on the results and progress made with regard to the project implementation and provide feedback to the Country Manager.
Work closely with the Regional PME Manager and support the preparation of Annual Planning and Reporting.
Keeps abreast of latest developments in monitoring and evaluation and quality management and introduces them to the organization.
Assists in communication related to impacts of the programme as well as on other aspects of PME.
Prepare budgeting for PME programme as well as additional fundraising for monitoring and evaluation.
- Technical leadership to ensure that projects in Uganda have strong Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning basis, and progress can be measured against indicators in line with the developed project logframes;
- Support for the implementation and on-going development of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) processes and systems;
- Ensure all monitoring, evaluation and research activities are conducted in line with agreed ethical principles, and consistently promote downwards accountability to beneficiaries;
- Submit required project data to the Regional Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager on a regular basis, and promote programme and organisation-wide knowledge management and learning;
Support project leads/offices in the completion of their baseline, mid-term and end line evaluations;
Assist with the development of a strategy for identifying, reflecting on and disseminating learning internally and externally;
Document good practice and actively share learning, including supporting the collation of a final project syntheses evaluation;
Build understanding, capability and capacity of project leads for monitoring, evaluating and reporting their effectiveness at project and team levels by providing orientation, technical training, coaching and support;
Support project leads to develop contextualised theories of change and log frame indicators that align where possible with the programme log-frame;
Design and run M&E training workshops as required to strengthen potential skill gaps in implementing the project MEL frameworks.
· Undergraduate degree in International Development, Social Science, Agriculture, Economics, or a related field.
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience on monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience with private sector development programmes.
· Experience in working with policy makers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in international cooperation.
· Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Statistical tools e.g ODK, SPSS and Salesforce).
· Capable of working in a dynamic, intercultural, multi stakeholder setting.
How to apply:
Send a one-page motivation statement outlining your suitability for this position, your salary expectations and availability; and your Curriculum Vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com
Application deadline is on 13th February 2019 and our ideal start date is Immediate.