Organisation: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Job Summary: The Administrative & Procurement Officer will undertake all departmental administrative responsibilities and manage the procurement processes for Watoto Sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will coordinate office administrative activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance to administration and procurement policies and procedures.
- To manage general correspondences, shipments and office petty cash by monitoring payments and timely submission of accountability records.
- To maintain an efficient office filing system, budget for office requirements and track stock of office supplies.
- To compile and submit monthly and quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports with the help of farm management.
- To estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- To maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data and ensure to create and sustain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- To review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options and negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- To validate supplier invoices upon receipt and confirm receipt of goods or services according to contracts and verify accuracy and quality of the products and supplies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Watoto Administrative & Procurement Officer job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Procurement, office administration and other related courses.
- Three years of working experience with procurement and administration.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and procurement software experience preferred.
- Ability to make professional procurement decisions in a fast-paced environment.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV (not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a Pastor’s recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line:
Administrative & Procurement Officer – First Name, Last Name)
Deadline: 3rd February 2019