Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA) is an affiliate of IRD FZC and a registered South African-based non-profit company (NPC). It is a global health care delivery and research organization and works in over 15 countries, including South Africa, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Bangladesh. The IRD SA team leverages process and technology innovations to address gaps in global healthcare delivery, including health market innovations based on social business models; introduction of new diagnostics, drugs and vaccines; performance-based incentives for health workers; and conditional cash transfers for patients to access services and enable adherence.
Job Title: Facility & Community Health Screeners
Project: NCD Link
Contract type: Temporary, grant term-limited
No of Staff: 10 x Facility Health Screener 5 x Community Health Screeners
Project Description: The primary objective of the NCD Link Project is to screen, link clients to testing and treatment and ongoing support and monitoring for TB, Diabetes and Hypertension.
This is a field-based/ Ward based position with (100 %) time spent on the field, in order to complete the tasks listed below.
- TB/Diabetes/Hypertension Screening in allocated wards (mobile phone loaded with TB Screening App and sputum collection video will be provided).
- Fill all the client details on the Screening App or paper-based tool
- Collect samples spot Sputum for TB diagnosis and:
- Fill the Laboratory forms and label the specimen correctly.
- Store the specimen in a cooler bag and ensure it reaches the closest Lab timeously.
- Complete the DOH clinic register with details about the client screened and the specimens daily, to your local clinic
- Provide Health education and distribute IEC Material.
- Increase awareness of NCD’s (TB/Diabetes/Hypertension) in communities, schools and Early Childhood Development Centres
- Improve household contact tracing and reverse contact tracing for all households and patients are initiated on IPT
- Provide TB/ Diabetes/Hypertension education, promote testing and refer to the client’s local clinic (for HIV Counseling and testing)
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Ensure all patients confirmed with TB+ are traced back to the clinic and initiated on TB treatment.
- Follow up on contacts from the index client with confirmed TB.
- Assisting the clinical facilities as and when required to do so.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the communities in Durban, especially in Umlazi areas of Ethekweni and familiarity of working systems at Prince Mshenyeni Hospital.
- Willingness to work within a community environment.
- Grade 12 – Matric
- Enrolled nurse
- Ability to read and write
- Fluency in isiZulu
- Ability to use cell phone applications
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
Please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit your brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Human Resources @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 25th January 2019
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer