The Carpenter’s Shop (TCS), founded in 1981, is a non-profit organisation based in Cape Town. With over three decades of experience in developing people’s skills, TCS offers its clients and residents access to a free ablution facilities, regular health and wellness clinic days, social care support, short-term accommodation and life skills training to help them become financially stable and rejoin mainstream society.
The purpose of the Marketing and Fundraising Executive is to perform various marketing activities that increases TCS’s profile and supports awareness and fundraising; and to undertake fundraising activities to secure and grow funding and donor income to meet TCS’s strategic and operational plans.
- Plan, develop and deliver communications and marketing functions
- Identify, attract and secure new sponsorships, donations and funding grants.
- Write and distribute funding proposals to a targeted number of potential donors, trusts, foundations, institutions and international funders.
- Develop, nurture and maintain professional relationships with donors and to steward existing funder relationships
- Support the generation of new business for TCS’s various social enterprises
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in Marketing and Fundraising
- Communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proficient in digital and social media platforms
- A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous
- A background in, or an understanding of the NPO sector will be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of the homeless phenomenon
- Administration, planning and organizational skills
- Action oriented and results driven
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and the ability to use relevant CRM applications
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter (less than 1 page) to HR@tcs.org.za
Please quote “MFE FEB19” in the subject line, or on any application correspondence.
Should you not receive any feedback from us within 2 weeks of the above closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 18th January, 2019