- Company: Guidehouse
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in South Africa
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us.
Develop & execute supply chain strategies to improve business process effectiveness and efficiency
Perform strategic thinking and apply analytical rigor to achieve meaningful and sustainable results
Support sales and capabilities development activities to strengthen the firm’s growth and value
- Guidehouse provides management, technology, and risk consulting to clients around the world through more than 1,600 professionals in over 20 locations. At our core, we focus on building trust in society, solving important problems, and having a seat at the table for our clients’ most pressing matters. Formerly PricewaterhouseCoopers US Public Sector, Guidehouse provides the exceptional quality our clients demand with the agility and innovation to go beyond the expected.
- Dolutegravir is the latest generation compound for antiretroviral therapy with a high clinical profile with low side effects. It has a broad label that allows usage both at initiation of treatment and for long term chronic therapy. Tenofovir, Lamivudine and Dolutegravir (TLD) is the fixed dose combination with Dolutegravir, available at a substantial discount to the current Efavirenz based treatment (TEE).
- This has led our government partner to determine that they will transfer all TEE patients to TLD.
- Given the number of patients on treatment, the transition from TEE to TLD is the largest switch over in the history of such programmes, thus requiring a comprehensive supply chain transition plan that ensures adequate availability of medicines for patients. In addition, the expected penetration of antiretroviral therapy is expected to increase in line with the “90/90/90” objective. Given recent developments and safety signals, it would appear that TLD will be introduced as first line treatment for most patients, and TEE will continue to be used for certain cohorts.
- The role is thus to plan the introduction of TLD into the public health supply chain, while maintaining full availability.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 5
MINIMUM DEGREE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define a supply chain launch plan to ensure availability of medicines throughout South Africa as the current cohort of patients receiving Antiretroviral therapy are switched over to TLD from TEE, within the context of a larger VAN project.
- Ensure that the DTG switchover plan is a structured pilot, and that its deliverables and lessons learned can be leveraged as an example across the full breadth of pharmaceutical supply chain processes.
- Work within the context of a larger donor partner’s plan and with our government partner’s programme team, reporting to high level officials within our donor and government partners.
- Advise the clinical staff on options and constraints from a supply chain perspective and socialize and agree the detailed DTG switch-over plan, with a view to gaining sign-off from our government partner.
- Design the DTG plan, which must include the optimal phase-in and phase-out period across all stock holding sites with the full switch over concluding within one year.
- Deep dive into current EFV usage and distribution vs other chronic medication
- Alignment of TLD and TEE forecast with clinical guidelines, HIV programme growth forecasts and other partners demand planning team
- Relationship building with suppliers of TEE and TLD, and distribution partners
- Assessment of capacity and capability by province/ distribution region
- Provide supply chain skills training and mentorship
- Development of roll-out plan using outputs of prior activities and integrating with the VAN
- Socialization of roll-out plan with key stakeholders, with necessary adjustments to address key concerns
- Implementation of roll-out plan
Supply Chain, Operations, Data Analytics, recommendation on Data Visualization, Data Modelling, Simulation, Management Information Systems, Business Intelligence, Systems Integration, Business Analyst, Demand Planning, Demand Forecasting, Inventory Management, Product Lifecycle Management, Route to Market, Data Mining
Skills, Attributes & Characteristics
- Dynamic personality complemented by excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans
- Persuasive and articulate with experience in effectively communicating and collaborating with a diversity of stakeholders, partners and government officials
- Ability to drive diverse, virtual and cross-functional groups toward a common goal
- Willing and able to travel within South Africa to engage local teams and partners. Opportunities may arise to present accomplishments from this project on an international stage
- Experience driving continuous improvement in resource constrained environment a plus
- Ability to lead a small team, managing workload, prioritization and performance is essential
Guidehouse an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Category Client Services
Type Regular Full-Time
How to Apply
<!– This site is converting visitors into subscribers and customers with OptinMonster – optinmonster.com –>
Apply for this Job