- Company: Citi
- Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- State: Gauteng Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Retail Jobs in South Africa
- Primary Location: South Africa,Gauteng,Johannesburg
- Education: Master’s Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18063866
We are seeking to employ a Director level equity research analyst to lead our South African Retail coverage in Johannesburg. The person will be responsible for coverage of a number of high profile stocks. The role will include contact with Citi’s sales and trading platform, global institutional clients and senior company executives, with the common goal of developing all aspects of Citi’s Retail franchise.
Citi Research is a highly respected research unit and is comprised of more than 300 research analysts in more than 30 locations around the world. Citi Research covers more than 3,000 companies, representing over 90 percent of the market capitalization of the major global indices, and provides macro and quantitative analysis of global markets and sector trends. Combined with Citi’s exceptional sales and trading capabilities the core focus of the group is to help institutional clients make informed investment decisions by providing value-added, independent, insightful perspectives.
In EMEA, Research covers 830 stocks and has a research presence in a number of markets, including the UK, Italy, South Africa, Poland and Russia.
The person is expected to build out lead coverage and obtain market leading client recognition in a number of SA Retail stocks. The person will be expected to market ideas and products to Citi’s Domestic and International institutional clients, and serve as a team player to internal partners like Sales and Trading.
- Significant recent success in external surveys across SA Retail sectors.
- Recent personal involvement in successful corporate activity in the sector.
- Strong ability to think independently
- Evidence of thought-leading, collaborative global research product.
- A significant number of client references as a top three sector analyst amongst Citi’s current institutional client base; both locally and internationally
- Evidence of delivering significant corporate access outside formal corporate advisory mandates.
- Displays a knowledge of the firm, its advisory model, its client base and their requirements
- Has as sound grasp of financial analysis, financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Demonstrates creative thinking resulting in market-leading research and perspectives
- Demonstrates the highest quality commercial research and effective marketing skills
- Has built a notable presence in their chosen industry
- Shows an ability to leverage research product across equity-linked advisory and trading platforms
- Understands market sentiment and can demonstrate a track record of monetizing this experience
- Has experience of building and maintaining team-based client service models.
- Demonstrates leadership and an ability to work collaboratively at both a regional and international level
Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade than the one advertised to maintain internal equity. In these cases the Business and HR will work together to determine a formal developments plan for the candidate to get them up to the appropriate grade.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
How to Apply
<!– This site is converting visitors into subscribers and customers with OptinMonster – optinmonster.com –>
Apply for this Job