EY Jobs in South Africa : FSRM Internal Audit Senior Manager (Financial Services)
FSRM Internal Audit Senior Manager (Financial Services)
Requisition # JOH0022T
Post Date 11 hours ago
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team up to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Management and Boards of Directors rely heavily on Internal Audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As Senior Manager in our Financial Services Risk Management team, you’ll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities.
As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You’ll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently drive projects to completion and confirm that work delivered is of a high quality. Under guidance you’ll lead teams – or parts of teams – on engagements.
You’ll maintain a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Your client responsibilities:
- Participate in and, as required, lead FSRM client engagements
- Develop long-term, sustainable relationships with key client stakeholders in line with our go to market strategies and individual market development initiatives
- Build and deliver relevant client solutions, based on knowledge of the client’s agenda
- Develop informed views for the client on the implications of current and anticipated industry issues
- Generate new business sales through proactively managing aligned accounts, identifying new client opportunities, playing a significant role in developing and driving a sales campaign/solution
- Develop own informed views for the client on the implications of key current and anticipated industry issues through their risk management perspective
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the Organization
Your people responsibilities
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Risk professionals
- Contribute to an educational program to continually develop interpersonal and technical skills of staff
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills requirements
- Industry related certification (e.g., IIA, CPA/CA, CMA, and RICS), but preference given to CA/CPA
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience in management consulting environment and in Internal Auditing within Financial Services
- Strong skills in project management and engagement closure
- Experience of/and interest in recruiting and professional development
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Honours or Master’s degree in Finance, Business or other related field
Additional skills requirements
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Complex problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to innovate internal audit approaches, be relevant to client specific issues, and track industry trends
- An interest in continuous self-development
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Ability to manage a number of teams and projects at the same time
- Able to work in a fast paced and high pressured environment
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
Please note: Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals
How to Apply
Apply for this Job