Volvo Group Jobs in South Africa : IPS Commodity Buyer
Volvo Group Purchasing is looking for an IPS Commodity Buyer within the area of indirect purchasing based in Boksburg, South Africa.
The main purpose of the position is to provide operational procurement services to site/ country based stakeholders, and support global and regional sourcing implementations.
- Collaborate in the segment strategy development and implementation.
- Execute sourcing and implementation of binding agreements in line with the strategy.
- Select suppliers and sign agreements in line with valid Volvo Group directives.
- Drive supplier relationship when appointed as a supplier host.
- Follow up supplier performance according to agreed KPI’s.
- Drive price renegotiation and update contracts.
- Contribute to the segment financial contribution targets.
- Maintain proper stakeholder relationships.
Note – The same functions above will have to be done on an ad hoc basis for Direct Purchases (Plant), Aftermarket, Customer Adaptation & Superstructures.
- 5-7 years in Indirect Products and Services purchasing in an automotive environment.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Experience in working with TCO (Total cost of ownership)
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial contracting.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Project Management knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Purchasing procedures
- Good Business Acumen
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills
- Presentation Skills
- Administrative skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good judgement and analytical ability
- An organised approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Working independently
- B. Degree with Purchasing and Business Administration OR
- Diploma in Purchasing
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Purchasing
Travel Required (Maximum)
Last application date
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer E.O.E/M/F/Disability/Veteran
How to Apply
Apply for this Job