EY Jobs in South Africa : Senior Manager Solution Architect – Digital & Disruptive Technologies
Senior Manager Solution Architect – Digital & Disruptive Technologies (TMP) Africa, India and Middle East (AIM)
Requisition # JOH00201
EY’s Talent Market Place(TMP) connects our consultants to our markets while working on projects which are based in the Middle East.
Please Note : You must be willing to be deployed for a maximum of 2 years on the AIM TMP projects which are outside the home region but you shall be eligible for fly-backs to your home country for one week in every 6 weeks.
Summary Solution Architecture Roles:
- Experience in either one or more of the following:
- Customer/Experience Technology Architect – Marketing Automation, eCommerce,
- AI Architect – Architecting, Designing and building Artificial Intelligence based platforms/technologies (MS Cortana, SAP Leonardo, Google, Niche / AI both from business and technical perspective.
- Data Scientists – Deep experience in Data Science platforms, primarily Pytho and R. Additional experience of Rapidminer and Microsoft R on Azure would be desirable.
- Distributed Ledger / Blockchain Architect – Designing and building Blockchain based business models, architecture and platforms (MS Azure/Ethereum, Hyperledger) either in startup context, special interest in ex fintech experience, transportation and government of Dubai initiatives.
- IOT Architect – Designing and building IoT based solutions both from a business and technical perspective (particularly deep experience in GE Predix and IoT products). Major plus on working on IoT strategy
EY Advises clients to understand, architect, select and implement solutions required to efficiently run their businesses, with a focus on Digital & Disruptive technologies. These service areas span E-commerce, Solution Architecture, Mobile Applications, Digital Platform Architecture, Digital Technology Strategy and Digital IT operations.
This is a rapidly growing area, so there will be plenty of opportunity for growth and to develop your skillset to keep up with the ever growing demands of the digital landscape. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our clients’ team and we’ll look to you to provide our clients with a unique business perspective on how they must continue to innovate and remain competitive in this ever changing industry.
Your key responsibilities
You will focus on Application architecture design, integration and implementation, building solutions and managing releases. You will team with various EY groups with digital capabilities to pursue and deliver digital engagements and deliver solutions that will bring our client’s digital vision and strategy to life.
Skills and attributes for success
- Working in project teams through agreed upon phases of project governance, requirements definition, vendor selection, risk analysis, customization, testing, training and rollout of a client’s project lifecycle.
- Leading team members in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the Digital and Disruptive Technology market.
- Providing broad technical and functional knowledge of various key technology and business platforms.
- Teaming with client technology professionals and third-party strategic alliances
- Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders and executives
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of related experience
- At least 8 years in solution delivery, including time spent as an architect
- 5+ years in relevant technology
- 5+ years in leading architecture delivery
- 2+ years in emergent/disruptive technology
- At least 2 years’ experience and knowledge in a number of the following areas: Solution Architecture, ERP Software solutions, CRM software solutions, e-commerce, content management, data and analytics, digital supply chain, web development, knowledge management software, user experience and design, emerging collaborative solutions including content management and enterprise data migration.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology skills
- Knowledge of leading practices, benchmarking, peer company environments and prior advisory experience relevant to industry specific business and technology function
Ideally you’ll also have
- Degree emphasis in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, MIS desired
- Previous consulting experience would be preferred
- 5+ years of experience with projects using Agile methods
- Experience with DevOps and open architectures would be preferred
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and service-orientated architecture and the basics of IT budgeting
- Solution Architect or Cloud Architect Certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in the Arabic language is desirable but not essential
- Experience or knowledge of Aviation, Financial Services or public sector industries
- Candidates should be willing to be based for up to 2 years in Middle East whilst maintaining home office in Africa
- Speaking Arabic is an advantage though not a requirement
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Digital and Emerging Technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their digital strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY Offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
How to Apply
Apply for this Job